The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Grasshopper Early Outlook Snow Season 2015

Another one that agrees with Grasshopper: Gerg

There’s still a lot of ifs and buts.  Also, he’s predicting a below-par year but not necessarily terrible.

Actually Deano everything that I read before this last 14/15 winter for Western Canada was that it would be el nino leading to average > slightly above average precipitation and above average Temps.

As it turned out that was all Right on the money -

I’m with #nojez on the overall el nino/la nina indications of general outlook.

Tambo - 04 April 2015 07:36 PM
Mudhoney - 02 April 2015 01:45 PM

Hm that’s not my recollection, in fact if I remember correctly he predicted the “El Nino Wrong ‘Un” and a good season.  He was pretty much the only person predicting this and got it right.

Going to NZ. Winner if the season goes as he predicts. Winner if there’s no snow. it’s NZ.

thumbsup

Was nice to wake up and see the local mountains were white.

Wet April weather brings snow falls around Canberra

Come on kids, any of us could spend half an hour googling past records and spout this shit that Grass hopper, the Frog, the Old codger over in Albury (or where ever the hell he’s from) or any others say.

ITS AN EDUCATED GUESS PEOPLES!!!!!!!

People pay them to write that crap and have their ads on their websites!!!!!!

Jez could do the same, but Jeremy has decorum smile

Azz - 08 April 2015 06:28 PM

Come on kids, any of us could spend half an hour googling past records and spout this shit that Grass hopper, the Frog, the Old codger over in Albury (or where ever the hell he’s from) or any others say.

ITS AN EDUCATED GUESS PEOPLES!!!!!!!

People pay them to write that crap and have their ads on their websites!!!!!!

Jez could do the same, but Jeremy has decorum smile

Don’t spoil our fun!  wink

Yeah, I remember reading how terribad last year was meant to be.
But given its already hitting single digits in Canberra, and there was snow in the resorts today. Im feeling optimistic for a good season.

early snow dump

It’s too early. It’ll melt by the time the season rolls around.

haha, obviously. I mean, that its getting cold early. Could be a sign that well have another good season.

Been thinking about this the past couple of days and I guess being the optimist, this season will be pretty good.  I think one of the key things to remember about the Aus winter is that the cover in the main ski fields is helped a LOT by extensive snowmaking, i.e. apart from a handful of mid-large dumps, it’s the several consistent clear, cold -2c nights that keep it ticking along.  On the good side, at least we get to hit the slopes.  On the downside, a lot of the resorts won’t have much coverage beyond the main runs - meaning crowded groomers.  More reason to go mid-week.
Another thing, last year I hit Perisher on the Snowzilla weekend along with every other man and his dog, and pretty much 80% of the mountain was locked down due to the weather (all weekend), so even massive dumps have their problems.
6 of one / half a dozen of the other, either way, it will be fun to just get out there and try out my new board!

getting pessimistic in my old age.  confused

Can’t see too many good seasons ahead, but when they come that will be awesome!
We are pretty close to the snow… and just saying… it ain’t been that cold. :(
Last year was colder.

Tambo - 09 April 2015 06:27 PM

getting pessimistic in my old age.  confused

Can’t see too many good seasons ahead, but when they come that will be awesome!
We are pretty close to the snow… and just saying… it ain’t been that cold. :(
Last year was colder.

April is a terrible time to judge. When I lived at Perisher in 09, it snowed over Anzac day and it was all gone due to heat in May. If its still not cold by the end of May then you can start worrying.

TJ, you sound like a seasoned veteran shaka

Haha hardly. Just my 2 cents.

Ill be at Perisher end of May. Start work 1st of June
From memory, we got our first real dump around the 16th June last year.  So if its not snowing by then, youll find me at the bar.
Either way tho, therell be snow.  It barely snowed last year to be honest.  Second half of the season anyway!  I was in my soft shell for half the season!