The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Please read: An open letter to the Boardworld Community

Hey guys,

Please read this message in full. cool smile

A lot have been going on behind the scenes over the last 12 months. We have been working with a new team of developers (they are awesome) and we have been tirelessly working on a complete website and store rebuild which is due to launch at the start of May. We have literally been building a brand new website from scratch (all content and forum content is being moved over to the new site so don’t worry about that). Needless to say, we are super excited to show you guys!

This has taken significant investment, time, and energy. It is honestly the “make or break” for the future of Boardworld. We feel it was a necessary step to take Boardworld to the next level and to build a successful business which can continue to develop, grow, and give back to our community in the years to come. We also started from scratch with the store and this time the store is fully integrated with the site. All new brands, all new products, and a new sick range of Boardworld apparel will also drop this winter. The end result is going to be a completely new Boardworld which was built with YOU in mind. Everything I have done over the last 6 years has been for this community and the new website is no exception.

In going to be 100% honest… I am really going to need your help over the next few months. I don’t have any individual expectations and I understand we all have busy lives. However, if you feel Boardworld has helped you over the years, whether it be advice, prizes, or most importantly the FRIENDSHIPS we have all built… and you would like to help us moving forward… I can’t tell you how much it’s needed, now more than ever, and also greatly appreciated!

For now, I have created a private group for honest feedback and testing (the new website, new features etc.). Consider this an open invitation to be a part of the testing process. If you would like to help, if you would like to be added to this private group, please send me a message on Facebook or a PM here and I will add you to the group.

When we launch the new website, I am going to ask all of you to get back onto the forums and help me build the best snowboarding, skateboarding, and surfing community on the Internet. Boardworld has achieved some great things over the years, but nothing has made me as proud as this community we have built. Boardworld would be NOTHING without each and every one of you. It’s you guys that have given me the confidence and pushed me into the leap of faith of putting everything into this rebuild, to try to make Boardworld something that can survive over the long term. Have a think about how many great friends you have made through Boardworld, how many great times we’ve had… When we launch, please make an effort and see what the new website is all about, and most importantly, please get involved again. We are going to be doing a huge membership push to build the community once we launch… it’s you guys that are going to make people want to be a part. Without you, it fails, and that’s the truth.

As always, thank you for your years of support, loyalty, encouragement, patience, and most importantly, your friendship. I hope you guys know I will always have your backs and I will always strive to help you in any way I can. As long as Boardworld is here, it will be here to help you, and to help our industry. I can’t wait to show you what we’ve been working on, and I’m super excited to keep building on top of it.

JEZ. shaka

YEEEEWWWWW!!! shaka

rider26 - 12 March 2015 08:29 AM

Love this pic!!

Great work Jez and crew, look forward to all the forthcoming changes! *shaka*

Some cool pic’s there guy’s