The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Part Season Jobs - Australia

james88 - 05 March 2015 05:41 PM
TJswish - 05 March 2015 11:42 AM

I’d be surprised if they are still looking for lifties but good luck smile

Yeah that’s what I thought too man but it was still available for applications, whereas a lot of others are closed (assuming they’re already filled up).

That 4x10 sounds like a good gig! So in Australia they’re likely to work you more than 38 hours during peak?

Got a response from another shop in Jindy - hoping I’m lucky. Think I’d prefer that line of work, especially seeing as I already have my season pass lined up.

Best advice I can give is to try to find a housemate with someone who works as a lifty or an instructor so you get invited to parties and to have more than 5 friends (workmates) cause your workmates will be working while you have a day off to shred.

Don’t hesitate to leave it till the last minute to find a place to live. Nothing wrong with busting out at the hostel or a cheap hotel for a week or 2 while trying to find a good place. Or be the first person in and then choose your housemates (though this won’t work for you since you’re leaving early lol)

You’re likely going to need to screw someone on the accommodation since you’re leaving early so don’t over think that part.