The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Accom or Package Ideas for Big Group to Thredbo

Hey guys one of best mates is turning 40 this year and wants to do a weekend in the snow to celebrate.  I mentioned Thredbo might be the best place for it if he wants to do on snow.  Any ideas for accom or a package deal for a group of mostly couples and a few singles in the 16-22 people range?  Trying to cap it at around $400 per person for the accom if possible for the weekend of 17th July.

Let me know, any ideas appreciated

Mostly couples, I’d probably go somewhere like the Thredbo Alpine Hotel, House of Ullr or River Inn and get rooms for each person. $400 for Accom only is heaps for Thredbo, The Alpine Hotel is $200 a night (so $400 for a couple for 2 nights.)

If you want to get a big party house, unfortunately you’re probably looking more like Jindy and then it’s going to be a lot more sharing as well. There are options like the Shred Shed that we stayed in the first year but again, lots of sharing and not great quality imo.

I would hit up Oz Snow Adventures and stay at River Inn. At least that would be my first port of call. Let them know you’re from Boardworld (ask for Matt if you have to), and see what package they can put together for you. Thredbo have been difficult to deal with in the past when it comes to group bookings. I know because I tried for the Shred.