The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Socks ??

Cool, get fired and get a job both in the same week!
... and I said get fired, dave, not get fried. smile
Hows that going btw?

whether you are skiing or boarding a good pair of socks will never do you harm. they are designed for the sport so they give padding, arch support and draw moisture away from your feet to keep them dry and warm. normal day to day socks can bunch, give you horrible blisters and just end up with a horrible smell. do yourself a favor ride in the right gear so you feel fresh all day long.

snowslider - 30 June 2009 04:39 PM

Cool, get fired and get a job both in the same week!
... and I said get fired, dave, not get fried. smile
Hows that going btw?

Geoffthemoverman was by The Cave today and he was quite impressed at my newfound self control…....

Let`s just get back on the topic of skiing sucks…

Right, distraction is good.

One plank is better than 2, because, ummmmm - it is.

snowslider - 02 July 2009 02:18 PM

Right, distraction is good.

One plank is better than 2, because, ummmmm - it is.

EDIT:
Actually you know when ROME first came out they were all about promoting the title knuckle draggers.
I posed the idea to them that they should make a spring glove with DRAG on the knuckles. Wouldnt that be awesome?!?!
I’d buy one.

I’ve thought about taking a marker to a pair.. but most all my gloves are black.

Pretty good idea! It’s got to be printed correctly, otherwise it might read GARD.

snowslider - 02 July 2009 02:19 PM

I’ve thought about taking a marker to a pair.. but most all my gloves are black.

Earth to SS…There are such things as white markers… grin

Dave99 - 02 July 2009 03:30 PM
snowslider - 02 July 2009 02:19 PM

Earth to SS…There are such things as white markers… grin

LOL ye ‘ol paint pens.. I remember those.
Hmmm.
If I do I’ll take a picture and share.
All gloves are in storage right now.

why are posh snowboard socks so expensive, i’m pretty sure they must bang them out of large factories for very little per sock.  i got some from walmart and even they were kinda expensive….to be honest i wear whatever socks i’ve got left in my warn less than 3 times pile and never notice the difference, well not till i take my boots off anyway.

Aidy - 03 July 2009 12:35 AM

why are posh snowboard socks so expensive, i’m pretty sure they must bang them out of large factories for very little per sock.  i got some from walmart and even they were kinda expensive….to be honest i wear whatever socks i’ve got left in my warn less than 3 times pile and never notice the difference, well not till i take my boots off anyway.

It is definitely hard to shell out $25 for a pair of socks. Socks are an item that you can buy late season or a few seasons old without any difference like there may be in buying an old board or binding.
Shop around for the right price, or when you’re making a big purchase at your local shop, as if they will throw in a pair of socks for you, why not!?

Socks made for snowboarding can greatly improve your comfort, I’ve found.
If you’re not using good socks, I guess you dont know what you are missing.