The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

The Honeymooners: Take on the U.S. slopes!

Currently awaiting boarding of our qantas flight to LA, half an hour to go!!!!!!!

Couple of days chilling in LA before we hit Vegas. First on snow day is the 24th Dec but we are thinking of doing a night session at bear mountain on Friday.

I am aiming to update this as often as possible but worst case, I’ll bang a post trip review up. We are keen to hear any suggestions for things to do, see or try, 38 days is a decent chunk of time to fill.

See you all from the states!!!!

Awesome, mate. Have a safe trip. Looking forward to hearing all about it.  airplane

Looking forward to it!

May the best US TR win wink

It’s currently 4:35 am after our first nights sleep in LA, got to bed around 9, survived the day with about 4 1/2 hrs sleep on the flight. It’s times like these I’m glad I’m a shift worker.

Made it through customs drama free, was expecting chaos but was happy there was none.

Dollar rental on the other hand was chaos and I managed to get the one lady I was hoping to avoid. We ended up with the smallest car in our class size and I will spend the next couple of days calling around to find the right car. We booked a Chevy traverse and ended up with a Nissan pathfinder. It’s a good car but it will be a tight fit with all our gear and two more people. Fingers crossed we get lucky!

Today we are probably going to head down to the wedge at Newport beach and spend the day in Orange county. Then suss the conditions at bear mountain for a sneaky board and a chance to work off some of the rust I’ve built up since my injury and surgery.

TBC smile