The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Thinking of making another change - opinions please.

Hey guys,

We are thinking of getting rid of the ‘Industry Promotions’ area on the forums. Any industry promotion can be posted into Boardworld Social, then eventually moved into either News, Videos, Events or Equipment and Products.

We feel the promotions would get more exposure/interest this way, so it works out better for everyone.

What do you think?

Cheers! smile

I think that if you do that you need to make sure that it stays at the top of the list in BW social, so that everyone sees it.

Just by putting the post on Boardworld Social it will get more views. Once it naturally slides down the page we will move it to the appropriate area.

You could make it a sticky in Social.

I thought this was Mizu & I’s big moment, that we were be promoted to the board of directors !!!!!

downer

But great idea, I guess you have the stats, but I would assume most traffic comes through social?

Azz - 24 February 2011 08:43 PM

I thought this was Mizu & I’s big moment, that we were be promoted to the board of directors !!!!!

downer

But great idea, I guess you have the stats, but I would assume most traffic comes through social?

Dont worry Azz, im sure your day will come wink

I think moving it to social would be a good start to get more looks. And as Dan said putting it as a sticky would be good to keep it active. If you did that would you have to put all the previous posts into one thread?

I think it’s a good idea but too many sticky’s spoil a page (IMHO) so your idea of moving it once it drops off the first page is a goer!

Yeh good point spaz, your right there.

I don’t know as someone who checks every day if I’m around, I always login and click “view new posts” and just click on whatever threads catch my eye - so for me personally it doesn’t matter which part of the forum its on.
As said above though, if you see the stats & reckon that will work better - go for it. grin

Yeah I’m not going to make them sticky unless it’s really important - unlikely I will ever do that. The whole idea is just to put it in Social for a little while, then let the normal discussion happen. As soon as it slides down the page we will move it to the appropriate area. You might have noticed we sometimes do that sometimes with certain news and video posts. Seems to work well…

We might even just put it in News, Videos, Events or Equipment and Products right from the start. The whole point is to get rid of the Industry Promotions area as I think we have it covered in all the other areas. I don’t think many members check that section; they are more likely to take note in one of the other areas.

Would you agree?

I usually go straight into the social forums or equipment and product. So to me I would say that would be a more noticable place to put it. Less is more I say.

C J Parker - 24 February 2011 09:14 PM

Less is more I say.

What about all your ‘enhancements’?  LOL

More or less.

They were put in the right area so they recieved more attention.

To right there, and very nicely shaped cool smile

LOL

Industry Promotions is gone. Thank you for the feedback everyone. smile