The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Need help choosing bindings

Need help choosing some bindings
Hey guys. I need your help finding a binding to suit my needs. I’m aiming for is for a all mountain setup for an intermediate rider. So far I have brought a 159 k2 raygun and size 10 32 binary boa boots. I live nowhere near the snow and have now snowboard shops around. Thanks for any advice u can offer.

Hey Matt, first up welcome to BW!!!!! shaka

What type of riding do ya see yaself doin the most????? And how do ya like to ride?????

If ya the type that enjoys gettin all buttery, and loves to bone out ya airs, then look at FLUX’s DS!!!!!

Ya wanna carve up the corduroy with a responsive feel, look at a pair of FLUX SF’s!!!!!

Jez (The Boss of BW) should be able to hook ya up with a Member Deal!!!!!

* Others will no doubt offer up some more options!!!!!

Thanks mizu for the welcome.
At this stage cause I’ve only been on a couple of trips and still a beginner I’m not yet at the stage of buttering or getting air I’m just been improving my general technique. With saying that I’m after a setup that will cater for me once I improve and get more adventurous with freeriding. I’ve only ever ridden groomed runs in NZ and will be experiencing my first power season in japan next year.

In that case, I’d opt for the FLUX DS’s as they’ll be a little more forgiving if things get a little out of control!!!!!

Plus they’ll be perfect for weighting the back foot in Japowder!!!!!

Just to make sure, what board/binding were you comin off, and how much do ya weigh in at?????

Thank mizu. I’ve been only ridden rentals and not sure what they were. I’m 6 foot and 80kg.

Yeah mate, go the DS’s!!!!! shaka

Welcome to Boardworld, Matt.

The Flux DS is a really nice binding. Definitely a viable option.

I have really limited internet here but have a read of my review on the Now IPO: https://www.boardworld.com.au/snowboarding/now-ipo-bindings-review

It’s a binding I’m really stoked on and I would highly recommend it.

Other good bindings to consider would be something like the Burton Cartel or Rome 390 etc.

If you want the Flux DS or Now IPO, please feel free to PM me or email me at jeremy(at)boardworld.com.au and I will be more than happy to offer you a member discount.

^ +1 Now IPO’s…

You may not know the difference now, but your feet will thank you for it later.

I have both Flux and Now bindings.  The Flux are SUPER well made and have all the adjustability you could want.  The Now relies on its unique technology.  Some people seem to really dig it, others not so much.  Best to get a demo ride if you can, however I reckon it would be hard to go wrong either way.

+1 for NOW

Thanks heaps for all your input guys. I think at this stage I’ve narrowed it down to cartel/vita and ds.

shaka No worries, Matt!!!!!

Both the Burton bindings are also a solid choice!!!!!

Let us know what ya end up with?????

Hey mizu.
With the flux ds, my only real worry is that I the website they call them there elite park performance binding.
Do u think they will still suit me if I plan on doing no park at all?

It won’t make a difference, unless you’re super advanced.
The DS makes for a nice all mountain freestyle binding.
Being more of a park binding, it’s probably a little softer on lateral movement, as opposed to locking in your boots hard.

Yep, what grunge just said!!!!!

The DS is an All Mountain Binder, that has great response heel to toe for carving, yet has good lateral flex nose to tail that will come in handy come powder time in Japan for when ya have to weight ya back foot!!!!!

Plus it’ll have that bit of give for when times get a little scetchy too!!!!!

Google Geoff Brown to see the varied terrain that he rode his DS’s in, and you’ll see he took them from street to park to big mountain booters!!!!! A very versatile binding!!!!!