The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Yet another board advice thread

Hey guys,

Currently I ride a 2013 Carbon Credit, and am after something a bit different - something I can get some speed up on, carve some turns, and start to hit some bigger jumps without washing out - whilst still being playful/flexible at times. Having the option for pow riding would be good too.

I’m about 65kg, 182 cm, size US 9/Euro 42 boots, and ride a 153 atm, so looking for something around that.

Trying to decide between the Yes TDF Ghost, Basic, and Greats - have heard great reviews on the latter two, but haven’t heard much about the Ghost. I love the idea of the hybrid camber boards, but something is drawing me to the cambered 150cm Ghost. Not sure how I’d go on a fully cambered deck though, and unsure if that’ll be too small for me.

Opinions on what bindings to pair these boards with would be good too, currently have some Burton Missions. Have heard good things about the Now bindings, was thinking of grabbing those.

Any info/advice would be great!

I’d look at the Basic > Greats > Standard, in that order of soft > hard & mild > charge, wizey!!!!!

And I’d couple the first two up with a pair of FLUX DS’s, and the last one up with a pair of FLUX TT’s or SF’s if ya want more response to charge!!!!!

Hey Wizey,

Firstly, I think the Ghost 150 is a bit on the small side. I weigh exactly the same as you and the shortest I would ride is 150, and that’s purely as a fun/park board, and only in Australia. If you want to use it elsewhere, I would say forget it. Just my honest opinion based on experience. I think it’s also a great idea to try YES’s CamRock profileā€”I am a huge fan and I think the profile is awesome!

The Basic is a killer board, but I will suggest going with the Greats if you are happy to spend a little bit more. It’s certainly an upgrade over the Basic, and it’s one of the best do-it-all boards on the market. It comes in 152 and 154, so you’re covered. Being the same weight as you I’ll tell you this: 152 for Australia only, 154 if you have any intention of riding overseas. If I had to ride just one board for the season overseas, it would be the Greats 154.

I think you should follow your instinct and get on some Now bindings. I have been super impressed. Have a read of my IPO review.

Cheers for all your help! Just wondering what sizes the Basic comes in around what I’m looking for, is it just the 152 and the 155?

finney - 16 August 2014 01:14 AM

Options are 152 or 154

http://www.yesnowboard.com/products/boards/the-basic/

The 2015 model which we were selling in Australia this season came in 152, 155, 158 etc. (no 154 model).

The YES. website hasn’t been updated with the 2015 models. wink

I retract my previous statement in that case.

I object, your Honour!!!!!