The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Goggle lenses help!

Having a super hard time trying to find replacement lenses for Oakley A-Frames. Rhythm have sold out!

Does anyone know of any place in Australia I can get them? The Oakley website doesn’t have the ones I want and no stores in Canberra stock replacements lenses.

Call Oakley directly: http://au.oakley.com/customer-care/customer-care-info

Let me know if you’re still having issues and I’ll get on the case for you. wink

Sorry to hijack but out of curiosity Blizz, how have you found your oakley goggles?
I got a pair and within 2 seasons they have fogged up between the lenses and there is no way of fixing it! Can’t decide whether it is just bad luck and to to get new lenses or to just go with another brand and get new goggles…

They shouldn’t fog up between the lenses!!!!!

I’d contact warranty, air!!!!!

Yeah I would contact them air. I have not had a single problem. Definitely the most comfortable goggles I have worn and they never fog.

Dark just bought a pair of the airbrakes and loves them.

It only started happening after a super snowy-blizzard type day in NZ so I’m guessing water has somehow got in and can’t get out and now everytime I put them on the water turns to fog and I can barely see.

I imagine this is where keeping receipts is generally a good idea shut eye I’ll give them a call but I think I might just have to suck it up and buy new lenses and keep the receipt this time!!!

Did you pay for it on a card?

Yes I did! Never thought of that. Thanks Oz smile

A good lens shouldn’t fog.

It must be moisture trapped between the lenses. Remove the lens from the goggle and leave it in a warm, dry area. I think this is worth trying.

If you’re still having problems, definitely contact the store from where they were purchased. They should have a record of the purchase, and they should help you with this!

Moisture shouldn’t be able to get in between the lenses though?????

It can in extreme weather. It’s not fully airtight. It’s only foam.

That said, this has only happened to me once or twice over the years.

I’m gonna check mine when I get home, cause they should be sealed like a double glazed window!!!!! Some foams are non-pourous!!!!! (Closed Cell)

The air temp is supposed to be allowed to cool/heat at a slow rate, therefore preventin any fogging/condensation!!!!!

This is how I understand it!!!!!

I agree that it shouldn’t happen, but I’ve known of it happening before.

Unless it was crazy, crazy weather… I would take them back.