The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

epic week ahead

dammit i wish i could get down this week! nothing like riding blind during major dumpage! oh well maybe i can wrangle the weekend somehow…fingers crossed.
get amongst it if you are down there…it’s gunna be all time!

Mon 29   (Updated 05:39am 29/06/09)
Strong WNW-NW winds - possibly gale force at times about the peaks later. Cloudy at times with the chance of some light drizzle.       
Tue 30   Strong to gale force NW-WNW winds. Showers developing falling as snow in the VIC resorts overnight.       
Wed 1   Strong to gale force WNW winds. Snowfalls developing above 1500m - blizzard conditions at times (10-20cm).       

Thu 2   Strong WNW winds turning WSW in VIC overnight. Widespread snowfalls above 1400m (15-30cm).       

Fri 3   Strong to gale force SW-SSW winds. Widespread snowfalls to around 1100m - blizzard conditions (15-30cm).       
Sat 4   Strong S-SW winds. Light scattered snowshowers to around 1200m (2-5cm).       
Sun 5   Strong S-SW winds. Light scattered snowshowers above around 1200m (1-4cm). 

source - pete ‘frog’ taylor

http://www.snowatch.com.au/1-7day.php

It is looking good this week.

As I look out the window at Dinner Plain right now, its raining and windy. The cams up top show poor vis.
Our 11 year old has headed up, he’ll ring in with a snow report about 11:00. I remember when I was young and keen like that.

Wildman just called in, he’s on his way home, cat tracks are sticky mush, drizzly rain and windy.

Its gotta be bad when the Wildman pulls the pin on riding !!!!

This is really good news. I’m going to try get down for the weekend.

Already booked in for this weekend. The last hoorah in AU before heading to NZ for a couple of weeks. Lets hope the forecast doesn’t change too much

seriously considering heading down this weekend. carpool?

Tambazz - 28 June 2009 11:52 PM

Wildman just called in, he’s on his way home, cat tracks are sticky mush, drizzly rain and windy.

sounds like me when i first started…rain, hail or shine i would be out…not much deters me from riding even now.
are you going to let the boys on here? it would be good to have some junior members.

Banger - 29 June 2009 07:27 AM
Tambazz - 28 June 2009 11:52 PM

sounds like me when i first started…rain, hail or shine i would be out…not much deters me from riding even now.
are you going to let the boys on here? it would be good to have some junior members.

Yeah, I’ll get them signed up for sure.
They love telling everyone how the park should be built, the kickers are not big enough haha

I would consider myself like a 11yo, I was up there in the rain and wind, only I think the kickers are to big - I have to go them to prove myself, I’m too old to want them bigger, that’s why my camera is so low the air looks better wink

Banger - 29 June 2009 07:21 AM

seriously considering heading down this weekend. carpool?

would offer you a seat if I could, but unfortunately have a couple of Adelaidians coming with for their Bi-annual 2 week mountain fling.

Wind is blowing hard here now, lots more rain overnight. Web cams showing horrible conditions up top.

Lost the interweb for most of the morning.

Can feel this one coming, bring it on !!!!!!!!!

sun and slush here in whistler. half pipe has been so much fun!

ITS REALLY BUILDING UP NOW!!

We now have 3cm on the table outside, still snowing.

Looks great after absolutely NO snow here yesterday.

cool smile

Tambazz - 30 June 2009 11:20 PM

We now have 3cm on the table outside, still snowing.

Looks great after absolutely NO snow here yesterday.

cool smile

Aww man I just want to ride now.. this is just teasing!!

Meanies!