The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Report website problems here.

L.B. - 03 June 2010 06:31 AM

- The background under registration tab is not complete (the left side is black)

This is fixed.

- Under all Forum, Snow and Registration tabs the logo has been saved with a background which now floats on the background and has created a box around it. Shouldn’t the logo be saved without a background so that it just sits on top of the background

This is fixed

- Have you thought about removing the black bar that goes across the top navigation?

Not requested.

- I would ensure that the hover and the selected states of the top navigation are working propery because as it stands once you click on either girls or surf the coming soon stays active ...it looks like their may be some coding issues there.. it’s different on different pages

jQuery hover() method replaced with mouseover() mouseout() - this should have corrected this issue.

- Also the logo is not a pure black but a grey black and for it to look sharper you might want to make it a true black

This is fixed.

—-

Thanks guys, if you have any further troubles please let me know.

Thanks Mr Nacho, you beat me to it.

Personally I like the black bar stretching across the page, however we are happy to hear everyone’s opinion on it.

If you notice any other bugs with the new features please let us know.

Hey Jez,

Some of the sponsor logos are pure black and some are grey black. You might want to look into changing them. The main logo looks much better being pure black.

LB

Fixed.

does anybody else have weirdness logging in?  when i do, the auto screen then takes me a to a “this site cannot be found” screen. I just backup a couple pages, hit the snow tab and I’m logged in so I suppose its not really a problem.

snowcrazy - 31 May 2010 12:11 PM

Not sure if it just me but I can’t post in the music game thread. I get the error “unable to take your submission at this time”

That happened to me yesterday, I tried again an hour or so later and no problem so maybe a random hiccough?

I will get the developers to look into the first issue.

The music game issue is because you have made the exact same post in the same thread. It won’t allow you to make the same post twice.

Guys I can’t replicate that issue, if it happens again can you please take note of what URL you were sent to?

It might just be a teething issue…

As a side note, I can disable that ‘duplicate post’ stuff if you want, it’s just there to stop spam & double posts

Under the snow forecasts, you link doesn’t send you to the correct page when you click on the New Zealand Snow forecast. As far as I can tell, it is missing this at the end of the URL you are directed to “-snow-forecast.php”

cheese

I just fixed all the URLs. They must have changed their URLs recently. Thanks for letting us know! smile

Ok guys - HUGE changes today. (tonight - that sooo wasn’t a red card wtf).

New stuff:

- New buttons across the title bar (drawn by yours truly)
- New individual article pages.
- Commenting now available on individual articles.
- New share buttons on the article index and article pages
- New facebook LIKE *thumbsup* buttons on the article indexes and article pages (USE THEM)
- New page showing all RSS feeds to let the nerdier group of users keep up to date with site changes @ https://www.boardworld.com.au/global/rss
- New black backgrounds because it’s sexier
- New left menu buttons

Just noticed something small,
Not sure whether it is just my screen or not, buti just noticed where it has “Online:” and user name below, the bottom of the name is cut off. For example K2_SnatchCrewSader, the bottom of the letters are cut off along with the underscore. Though i just checked looked at the page on my iphone and it shows all of it. Like i said, its no biggie, just noting it incase it is happening and u dont want it to.
Ill check my computer when i get home if it is doing it. Is everyone elses normal?

Ediet: my phone is still cutting it, just not as much

I suspected that would happen with longer screen names. If your name was shorter it would all fit where it’s meant to. It’s because there isn’t enough room next to ONLINE to fit everything, so it goes to the next line. Sorry about that for now, but it’s definitely something we will look to fix ASAP.

Ah k, makes sense. Haha me and my bloody super long name

It can be changed if you want.  tongue wink (although I don’t expect you to do so).