The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

How many of you also ski?

Ha, I was thinking of going over to the dark side. How many of you ski also, or skied before?

I took up lessons again about a year ago, but realized that I didn’t have the patience to deal with the extra plank!

I have skied a few times before. I’m not too bad in my mind, but Michelle says I have some serious technique issues. I don’t mind getting on skis from time to time, just hate those painful ski boots!

I love skiing, do it every now and then! Great fun before snowboarding took over my life.

Just put on a pair of ski’s the other week first time in 13 years (use to race Nancy Green as a kid). Only will put them on for some good old back-country now.

Mizu Kuma - 07 January 2011 01:05 AM

Not here!!!!

Probably never will either!!!!! But only due to the fact that I am too lazy to have to round up all the gear after a prang!!!! That, and with snowboardin I get ta hang with all the cool kids!!!!!  raspberry

You have skied befoe Mizu lol, so why are you hiding it….... Come mate its not that bad
But you did get the lazy part right…...  raspberry

haha sking…...... pfft what kind of person ski’s these days tongue wink

I used to ski, when I was little! Swapped over when I was about 13… Went back for a day last year, never again! wink

yer okay, same here, skied 2 years, didn’t like it (was no good at it)
and tryed snowboarding. never looked back cheese

Never tried it, would like too if not for those painful looking ski boots.

Mizu Kuma - 07 January 2011 01:05 AM

Not here!!!!

Probably never will either!!!!! But only due to the fact that I am too lazy to have to round up all the gear after a prang!!!! That, and with snowboardin I get ta hang with all the cool kids!!!!!  raspberry

haha
Post the punter photo of you and Mrs Mizu on your fist ski trip! It was in the 1950’s wasn’t it?

I skied.
I mostly board with skiers (some of the best in the country).
I take photos/video of ski racing.
I put in ski time every year.

IMO skiing helps to realign everyday snowboarders muscles/skeleton. Since destroying my knee while boarding last year I’ve been ordered off skis, (I was told not to board either - the surgeon agreed that skiing would be more risky)

re: Boots
Uncomfortable to walk in - but they aren’t made for walking. Carry your boots!!!!
Hire boots suck.
I now have my 2nd pair (owned). The other was replaced because of heel lift - they fit so sweet now and haven’t been adjusted by a fitter yet.
They are so much easier and quicker to put on than snowboard boots.

Good skiers with good technique look sooooo much better than the tribe of knuckle draggers I belong too.

I want to be a better skier but spend all my time on a snowboard having fun.