The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

McMorris signs clothing deal with Walmart

Andy Aitken - 12 February 2014 02:06 PM
trentradpants - 11 February 2014 07:25 PM
bkrtron - 11 February 2014 03:56 PM

Can’t wait to see his scooter

Nah scooters are old hat, he needs to put his name to one of these bad boys!

What… is… that… thing?

Why do those things even need to attach to the legs?
Why do you add a walking frame to skates.
Why is the walking from like a penny farthing?
So many questions!!!

ANDY… STOP!!  Your head might explode from.too many questions.. About this um..rollerbladecycle?  LOL  teacherboy

The thing I can’t work out with the roller pram is why you need the wheel on the front?...It is really interesting invention.

Front wheel…and the little trolley wheel following it! anyone else notice that?

Mark signing with walmart is no big deal, it gets cheap snowboard related merch out which encourages kids to join, it does have abit of a tacky feeling to it for snowboarders, but he’s gettin $$$$$$$ from it so good for him. As long as he keeps the homies and good times approach rather than money money money approach he’s all good in my books

I agree, Dylan. Mark McMorris is also in Sport Chek ads (not sure about the details of it though). For the record, I never had any issue with Shaun being sponsored by Target. These guys work the asses off to be successful, the sponsorship dollars from big companies like Target, Walmart, etc., no issues with it.

When it becomes a problem is when you put your name on products that have nothing to do with the sport you’re involved with, i.e., scooters. That one spun my head.

Does it bring back memories of your days when you were a Best & Less Model?????

Mizu Kuma - 13 February 2014 09:39 AM

You can take the boy out of modelling, BUT you cant take modelling out of the boy!!

Hahahaaa!!!!! LOL

DylanV - 12 February 2014 09:43 PM

Mark signing with walmart is no big deal, it gets cheap snowboard related merch out which encourages kids to join, it does have abit of a tacky feeling to it for snowboarders, but he’s gettin $$$$$$$ from it so good for him. As long as he keeps the homies and good times approach rather than money money money approach he’s all good in my books

Yeah I’m not that angry or upset. I would do the same if I was in the same position as Mr Morris you have to make as much money in the short amount of time as possible with these sports. You might get an injury which takes you out for ever.

Can’t agree more wink

“As long as he keeps the homies and good times approach rather than money money money approach he’s all good in my books”

trentradpants - 13 February 2014 10:43 AM

You can take the boy out of modelling, BUT you cant take modelling out of the boy!!

Jez, so hot right now. Jez.

His board shorts say surfer, but his tan says snowboarder cool hmm  <—Blue Steel

LOL

DylanV - 12 February 2014 09:43 PM

As long as he keeps the homies and good times approach rather than money money money approach he’s all good in my books

Isn’t that an oxymoron? He just sold out to Walmart!!!! Can’t think of anything more money money money.

disclaimer: i don’t really care what any pros do

Ok, I got shown in secret what the McMorris sports line will actually looked like. We were close with the Rollercycleblades….

trentradpants - 13 February 2014 10:43 AM

I WAS A BIG W MODEL! rage

Rightio, calm down Tyra!!!!!