The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Pics of my 10 day trip around NZ

Hey guys,

Here are some photos of a trip I did with my girlfriend touring around the South Island of NZ this winter. The whole trip was done in a Jucy van (including sleeping in it every night) and included 4 days of snowboarding over 3 different mountains. The snow was a mixed bag. I had one really nice day at Ohau (a great mountain btw!) with some fresh snow, so that was at least nice. The highlight though was getting to experience and take in the beautiful scenery on offer in NZ, which constantly changes and is so damn dramatic, all the time! Doing it in a campervan made it all the more special. The route was from Christchurch through Arthur’s Pass, down the West Coast, through to Wanaka, over to Lake Ohau, to Lake Takepo, and back to Christchurch.

Here are some of my favourite photos (pasted straight from my facebook so maybe not the best quality). They were all taken with my new Nikon D7000 and the 18-105 kit lens. Hope you like them!

This gem was a short walk through the rainforest from our camp ground.

Franz Josef… Or was it Fox Glacier lol!

View from Treble Cone

Lake Wanaka… Yeah, there are guys swimming!

Sheep…

Stunningly blue Lake Takepo

Amazing view from the observatory

Pop up city, Christchurch (after the earthquakes

They are some stunning photos! They really do the landscape justice smile

Dan, those are amazing photos man! Awesome stuff! Thanks for sharing this. punch

Nice stuff mate!!!!! shaka

Nice work Dan.

Well look at you! You can take a decent photo after all wink

great pics mate!

Nice photos!! The lake takepo one would look awesome on canvas…  shaka

Nice photos champ! makes me miss that drive from Christchurch to QTown! But you really need to tone down that saturation a touch (Just a hint)

Thanks guys, glad you like them!

@ Oz - hahaha, I think photos suit me more than video raspberry

@ Deano - Saturation on all of them is at 0 / normal, but it could be the clarity or contrast you’re referring to maybe? Thanks for the tip no less though. I’ve been thinking, particularly for colours it’s so important what screen you are using. Mine could look quite different to yours for example. I’ve been considering a Mac a bit of late (for screen quality and other reasons).

Great pics, I especially like the TC one.  Colours look spot-on to me.

Thanks man!

Here are a few pics of our trip to Lady Elliot Island, the most southerly part of the Great Barrier Reef:
https://www.boardworld.com.au/forums/viewthread/13431/P120/

Dan83 - 14 November 2013 07:28 PM

Thanks guys, glad you like them!

@ Oz - hahaha, I think photos suit me more than video raspberry

@ Deano - Saturation on all of them is at 0 / normal, but it could be the clarity or contrast you’re referring to maybe? Thanks for the tip no less though. I’ve been thinking, particularly for colours it’s so important what screen you are using. Mine could look quite different to yours for example. I’ve been considering a Mac a bit of late (for screen quality and other reasons).

Not that I’m a professional, but you can calibrate the screen using something like Spyder, so that the colours you see are consistent with what you want, print etc.

Oh ok, is that a program?

It’s funny because it wasn’t that long ago (1 and a half year) that I bought a new laptop and now I’m considering something different lol! It’s still very quick but I skimped on the screen, which has a low resolution too :(

Don’t worry Dan, you’ll love your new Mac. LOL