The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Pics of my 10 day trip around NZ

Those are some stunning photos Dan.

I don’t know if you had noticed in the travel section I was doing some early planning for a NZ trip next winter. I have it all based around a jucy campervan (looks like you went the fancy model!) and doing the drive from Christchurch to QT and I’m even more keen after seeing this! shaka

Thanks mate!

Cool - I highly rate the whole experience. If there’s two of you and you want a bit more space for storing stuff and having a bit more room, I would recommend the bigger one. I could stand in it which was nice. We always had the upstairs bed packed away with extra stuff stored up there. With snow gear we nearly always put our bed away and pulled it back out each day, which was a little annoying but ok. With less gear you could leave it all unpacked easier.

And we were never really that cold, we didn’t even always use the heater. Oh yeah there are other perks with the bigger one, like the heater.

Dan83 - 20 November 2013 01:35 PM

Cool - I highly rate the whole experience.

Nice! Probably be doing the trip on my own at this stage so had been factoring in the smaller of the two vans (I could probably stand in a getz tongue laugh ) but will have to look into it.

At some stage don’t be surprised if I hit you up for some more info on your trip, little things like bedding, places you visited/stayed/boarded at etc.

For now I’ll just drool over the pics a bit longer drool

Haha! Yeah man hit me up with any Q’s you have about the trip. One thing I will say, Jacksons Retreat was the nicest place we stayed at in terms of facilities and scenery. It was peaceful, really clean, and the walk through the rainforest to the waterfall was real nice. It’s on the way through Arthur’s Pass, closer to the West Coast.

Dan83 - 20 November 2013 07:21 PM

Haha! Yeah man hit me up with any Q’s you have about the trip. One thing I will say, Jacksons Retreat was the nicest place we stayed at in terms of facilities and scenery. It was peaceful, really clean, and the walk through the rainforest to the waterfall was real nice. It’s on the way through Arthur’s Pass, closer to the West Coast.

Cheers mate, going by this and my thread in travel I’m in good hands with the NZ veterans chipping in.

Just reading your description of that retreat has me sold smile