The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Anyone have problems viewing Vimeo embeds on the forums?

:sigh:

I can see youtube now… sorry.

Just as confusing/frustrating for me as it is for you!

Which browser are you using, Kim?

Sounds weird. I don’t think we even touched the YouTube code.

Chrome on a PC.

I do suspect it is something with my work system though.

I will check at home.

Still can’t see youtube at work (but can see youtube if i go direct to the site)

Which browser?

Anyone else seeing this for YouTube?

ozgirl - 18 November 2013 11:17 AM

Chrome on a PC.

I do suspect it is something with my work system though.

I will check at home.

I think so too. Please test and let me know?

Its fine at home and elsewhere…

But very weird that I can see youtube everywhere else at work… facebook and youtube site itself.

Anyway I am more anxious about not being able to log in on my phone :-(

Hey yeah I’m not able to see videos either I’m using safari on an iPad I can’t see videos but if I tap where they should be I get audio but not video..

Wilmshurst, is that Vimeo or YouTube embeds, or both?

Both but every now and then one will show. With YouTube if I click quote and then back they’re viewable. If not it’s blank..

Is it only happening on your iPad? Has this only been happening recently?

We did push through the fix for the Vimeo embed recently. Can I suggest you clear your browser’s cache and try again? Please do that and let me know if it fixes the problem?

Sorry about this, guys. We are doing everything we can to get to the bottom of this.

Lol yeah I’m too lazy to upgrade my browser on my PC from Internet explorer so iPad all the way.

Vimeo works sweet. When I cleared my browser it worked. Then I realised I wasn’t logged in so I logged in again and most youtube vids did not display. The only one that showed was the base jumper vid in ‘what have you seen on the net lately’ thread on the last page.

Thanks mate, we’ll have to look into this further.

Bah just figured when I rotate my iPad they appear and then when I turn it the other way they disappear again.. F*****g iPad man sorry for the gee up..