The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Page Jumping

Not the first time this has happened, banner sizes differing, causing pages to jump up and down. This is happening on my phone, haven’t looked on computer yet but will do ASAP.
Please fix this before I go on a rampant killing spree of rage due to mental breakdown

Yeah, it’s been doin it on the mobile platform since day one!!!!!

Ya go to hit somethin, then it moves on ya and ya end up hittin somethin else!!!!! LOL

Along with the drop down menu, the Forum Link is down the bottom, and I end up goin to the latest Vid Promo half the time!!!!! LOL

Is there a particular banner causing this to happen? What do you mean by “banner sizes differing”?

Upon closer inspection ive realized its not the actual banner it is just the text under them causing the jumping.
hers some photos (the key thing is how many lines of text under the banner)

Use ya phone in Landscape and it’ll solve the problem!!!!! (Until it gets fixed)

Ah, I see. This I’m sure we can fix. Thanks for letting us know, Dylan.

thumbsup

Aaaaand we’re jumping around again on safari on my phone. Seems to be the scrolling banner up the top..

There is a simple fix for this issue, limit the amount of characters in the header and sub header so they are only 1 line and at no point need an additional line

Problem banners atm:
When in whis; Header & sub header
Belharra; sub header only

Sorry guys. Fixed now?

Just need to remove “: January” from the when in whis header

Seems to fit fine on my relatively narrow iPhone screen, even in portrait.

What’s going on with your screen, Dylan? Can you make your text any smaller?

Watch what the page does when the scrolling links on the top change from havin one line of text beneath the heading (Walkers Looking Glass), to one that has two lines of text beneath the heading (when in Whistler)!!!!!

The page “bounces” up and down!!!!!

I know what you mean, but I changed the titles and they all fit on one line for me, on my iPhone 5S. Are you saying that’s not the case on your phone currently?

Still doin it, iPhone 4S!!!!!