The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Canada Mega Thread - Information and Advice

Get some Timbits and a Hot White Chocolate!!!!! drool

Mizu Kuma - 19 August 2014 01:03 PM

Yeah, I’m probably bein a little Takkyubin Naive myself there????? LOL

LOL

rider26 - 19 August 2014 01:18 PM

Yeah, we’re good. Just remind me a week in advance or something. You can buy me an A&W burger on the way home!

I’ll let you know soon re: hockey.

Yep at the very least I’ll have a Burton Custom 154 and Burton C02 bindings (medium) for you. It’s a bit trashed but will do the trick. I’ll try hustle something better though.

Thanks so much mate you’ve taken a heap of weight off my shoulders shaka dance

Yeah let me know as soon as you decide on the hockey would be great to have you there but don’t feel pressured into it. 322-324 kind of area looks alright but I’ll let you decide

Thanks again mate, I’ll do some more booking/organising tonight now that I know I have transfers/luggage sorted.

Just don’t let him trick ya into payin for the fuel!!!!!

Hahahaha I remember that! LOL

LOL Wanker!!!!!

Jan 3rd.
Canucks VS Red Wings you know you wanna come with me Jez

3. You need to apply for a criminal record check

is that this one?

Ya keen puttin personal documents on the net, mate?????

I dont even put mine in the Sulo Bin!!!!!

besides the afp reference, all that info is already widely available LOL

DRC13 I might actually be driving up from van to whis on those dates you’re looking as i’ve got friends from aus coming to visit 3rd-14th Jan. I could easy give you a lift if Jez can’t

Alternatively theres always plenty of people on the FB hitching groups heading up and back at random times looking for people to pitch in for fuel.

For those who dont know I actually live in Vancouver now (kitsilano specifically) and work downtown so i’m usually around if anyone is in a bind and needs a hand (accommodation or lift) or you just wanna grab beer.
My GF and I have season passes for whis this winter and will be heading up and back most weekends to annoy Finney, Jez and everyone else.

shaka

This news makes me very happy

finney - 20 August 2014 09:19 AM

This news makes me very happy

Me too. grin

RhysL - 20 August 2014 06:13 AM

My GF

Hahaha sorry mate. I get to do that now. flushed

EDIT: Oh man, can that girl dance! ^^  kiss

EDIT 2: Yes, I watched the clip.  cool hmm

RhysL - 20 August 2014 06:13 AM

DRC13 I might actually be driving up from van to whis on those dates you’re looking as i’ve got friends from aus coming to visit 3rd-14th Jan. I could easy give you a lift if Jez can’t

Cheers mate, looks like we’re going to have quite the crew in Whistler!

With Jez giving me the go ahead yesterday I was able to lock in a couple of flights last night.

I’ll be flying from Washington to Vancouver on the 7/1 landing at 8.45pm (lift is greatly appreciated here)
I’ll be flying out from Vancouver to Las Vegas on the 17/1 at 3.05pm

Will book NHL tickets for 10/1 if anyone is interested let me know and we’ll sort something out shaka I plan to head down to Vancouver in the morning for a day of exploration (figure Saturday is not a bad day to avoid lift lines) before the game and head back to Whistler after.

Obviously keen to line up boarding together and dinner/drinks nights!

Any other fun side trips/hikes/activities to consider during my 10 nights in Whistler?

With the hockey, I’ll have to let you know closer to the time. I may actually try to pick up a job on the weekends, so I’m not sure just yet if I will be able to join. I’ll know more when I get to Canada. No need to wait for me to book tickets if it gets to that point.