The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Shoe Review: Etnies Marana

Yep, you will be stoked.

So my Marana’s arrived in the mail today while I was at work dance

The weather has been shit so I probably won’t have a chance to use them properly until it clears up, but I’ve laced them up and had a quick skate under the veranda at home.

Super comfortable, light, and made really well. I found they have internal holes for the laces as well, kind of. I’ve got pics showing how I did mine up.

Might have to head to The Shed on the weekend and put them to use.

Speaking of, have any of you guys seen the new mini ramp at The Shed, it looks sick.

Nice bro, they look sick!

I’m pretty jealous of that mini ramp too. Mini ramps are my thing! lol
We have one bigger and one smaller than this at the Slam Factory. But this is a really nice size.

Sick you got the shoes! I just got a new pair too, but stuck with nike, but went different to my normal choice. Went with koston’s

That mini does look nice! Though seeing I just bought one of my own no need to really pay for one! And I like the mini bowl at the shred, it looks more fun. More lines. Also shed is FILLED with bikes and scooters. Everything in there is big and more designed for them than skaters.

Here is a pic of my ramp (not installed at our house fully yet though)
We still need to replace the top couple of sheets of ply and it will be brand spankin!

That’s sick, heaps jealous. Let me know if you need help wearing it in LOL

Yeah The Shed is a bit like that, I haven’t been on a weekend for ages, I could only imagine the amount of scooter kids lol.

Stuff is pretty damn big, It wouldn’t be the place I’d go to try new things. But I think I’m at the point where I’d be able to have a solid shot at 50-50’s, back boards on some of those bigger rails and ledges.

Wednesday nights at The Shed are still good though, skaters only. Considering going tomorrow night if it’s still raining, if not I’ll head out to Berwick.

Jump on eastlink and head to Skatepark Of Melbourne (Rampit) in Mitchem on Wednesday nights. Skate night there and much more skateable

OMG K2! big surprise  So insanely jealous! I would kill to have my own mini ramp!

So cool bro, living the dream shaka

We kinda broke one quater whilst trying to get it in the backyard teacherboy so need to do some repairs. Cost 300 as was, prob gonna have to spend 100-200 on geting it to near perfect nik

K2 that mini will be great onced its fixed wish i had room for one but ill settle for the whittlesea one thats close by.

About the marana does to rubber really help with it being durable for olling and kick flips and what about the rest of the shoe.

Wanted some since they came out liked the look of the grey but couldn’t find any to try might buy online. When my DC’s die but they’ve been pretty good. I think they are nets only wear is where i ollie but only on the side of the sole.

The answer is yes. The rubber helps a lot! Particularly with ollies and kickflips.

Actually I finally managed to put a mark on my indestructible shoes yesterday. I bought some knee pads and I wanted to try them out. So I was skating some bigger concrete transition and I did some knee slides. I managed to wear the white rubber on the front a little (but not much) but the red rubber guard was still perfect, just had a scuff mark on it that i rubbed off with my thumb.

So lesson learned, I’ll save the knee pads for indoor wooden ramps that allow some slide. But really this is just my fault for testing the pads repeatedly.

The rest of the shoes still look and feel like new.

will have to get some then. next step is more rubber to have better durability.

Where did you get them from can’t find any in australia?

Haha, you’re the second person to say this. I’m surprised because they have to be one of, if not the best shoes around. Their definitely the best that I know of.

I’ll talk to Rider, the owner of BoardWorld and see what we can find for you dude.
What size are you?

US 8

Can’t find etnies stockers any where. Ozmosis used to but stoped for some reason. A friend got some faders about a year ago and they held up pretty well i think he still wears them.

Rileyb1 - 21 May 2013 07:42 PM

will have to get some then. next step is more rubber to have better durability.

Where did you get them from can’t find any in australia?

I got mine from http://www.antimall.com.au/marana-mens-shoe-black-white-gum-emmabwq-2498p They have your size in stock as well.

My Maranas were the first thing I’d ever bought from them, subscribe to their news letter and you get a $10 off code as well. I paid $100 for mine, free shipping. Shipped the same day my payment cleared, came 2 days after.