The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

What are your favourite trucks?

I love Indy’s! And only Indy’s. I have some stage 10’s on my transition/cruiser board and a set of Koston’s stage 10’s which are hollowed and forged everything, on my street board.

Of all the trucks I’ve tried, I only like Indy’s… but I have only tried some ‘lower’ brands.

Indy’s new stage 11’s are higher than the 10’s (which i don’t want) and don’t yet have a hollowed version which i really liked in the 10s.

So I’m wondering:

What’s your favourite Brand/Type of trucks? And why?

Well timed post! I’m looking at getting a new set up, trying some hollow trucks/lite. I’m Thinking Thunder hollow lites, or Theeve TiKing, with a P2 deck, or an Almost Impact or Double Impact, maybe an Uber Lite (just keen to try some new tech, and I like new things lol)

I don’t have one favourite brand/type of trucks, but I’ve skated Thunder, Destructo, Venture, Independent (only on my cruiser) and Gullwing on the longboard (so that doesn’t really count I guess lol)

My favourite 2 would be Venture and Thunder. Currently skating some normal Venture trucks which I’ve had for almost 2 years now. No complaints, love them.

I had a set of Destructos before that, they were the worst ever, not sure if I got a dud batch or the bushings were just horrible, but they would never run straight, they’d always turn one way.

Before those I had a set of Thunders, passed them on to a mate, should have kept them lol. Awesome trucks, light responsive, not sure if it’s nostalgia ‘looking back at the good ol’ days’ but, I’d maybe even rate them slightly higher than the Ventures.

Indy’s on the cruiser turn super well, The ones I have on the cruiser are really long, if they weren’t I’d be tempted to chuck them on my normal board and give them a shot. I’ve always found the normal ones a bit heavy though.

I have Indys too. Koston hollows. Love the way they turn and grind

K2_TeacherBoy - 27 April 2013 09:45 PM

I have the exact same trucks on my street set up. So nice. I can’t believe the new independent line doesn’t have any lows or hollows! If they did I wouldn’t even bother looking at another brand.

I’m looking to get there 169s to put on a wide transition board, but I don’t want them higher and heavier then my old ones. They seem to have a new formula that they are proud of…. but i’m not sure it’s a good thing.

Thinking about trying thunders or theeves. Will my bones hardcore bushings fit those too?

I’m a Venture truck company person. Love the weight and the quality. I had Tensor’s for a bit but didn’t dig the plastic on them.

At the moment I am loving the Destructo D2’s. Been skating them for the last few years and have been pretty happy with them. Turn good and grind real nice. Have Bones bushings as standard. A great big improvement on the D1 model. Which were good trucks just definitely needed to change the bushings.
I use to be a massive Indy’s fan, only skated them. Had some stage 9 trucks and broke the base plate on them. Wasn’t impressed especially considering I didn’t do gaps or anything like that. It was a common fault as well, which wasn’t fix soon enough I felt so was really disappointed and haven’t skated Indy’s since.
Thunders have been some good trucks too, change the bushings to Bones and aways we go. Just skated the raws with them though.
Ventures were definitely a favourite of mine, just felt nice under the deck. Good kingpin clearance and turned nice.
Theeves are good trucks, solid and grind well. They also have Bones bushings as standard. Completely pushed the boundaries of skate truck design.

Koper - 27 April 2013 09:43 PM

Well timed post! I’m looking at getting a new set up, trying some hollow trucks/lite. I’m Thinking Thunder hollow lites, or Theeve TiKing, with a P2 deck, or an Almost Impact or Double Impact, maybe an Uber Lite (just keen to try some new tech, and I like new things lol)

You want to try some new tech and trucks have a look at the Manton completes.

http://www.mantonskateboards.com.au/index.php/saf.html

Save you some cash as well, especially considering that the Almost Uberlites are stupid expensive.

Andy Aitken - 27 April 2013 10:26 PM
K2_TeacherBoy - 27 April 2013 09:45 PM

I have the exact same trucks on my street set up. So nice. I can’t believe the new independent line doesn’t have any lows or hollows! If they did I wouldn’t even bother looking at another brand.

I’m looking to get there 169s to put on a wide transition board, but I don’t want them higher and heavier then my old ones. They seem to have a new formula that they are proud of…. but i’m not sure it’s a good thing.

Thinking about trying thunders or theeves. Will my bones hardcore bushings fit those too?

On Thunders you may need to adjust the bushings for them to fit. Theeves though you won’t need to worry as they come standard with them.

I’m probably not skilled enough to notice the difference, but my new deck has theeve tiax with bones mediums and when I hit the park with it first time I stomped tricks that I had never before been able to do. Could be a placebo
though? Either way I like them.

C J Parker - 29 April 2013 04:59 AM

Save you some cash as well, especially considering that the Almost Uberlites are stupid expensive.

Manton only make up to 8” decks, otherwise I would have tried one ages ago. I’ve been skating 8.38’s and don’t think I can go back to something smaller again.

Koper - 29 April 2013 10:00 AM
C J Parker - 29 April 2013 04:59 AM

Manton only make up to 8” decks, otherwise I would have tried one ages ago. I’ve been skating 8.38’s and don’t think I can go back to something smaller again.

What about the 90s! 7.5” decks. Was like riding a tooth pick.

I remember early 90’s it was the weird shaped decks with the tiny wheels, then we went onto the really narrow decks where everyone was trying to do some stupid crazy variations on tricks. Flip in nose slide shuv it nose slide flip out on some tiny ledge.
Manton will probably do bigger decks when more momentum gets going behind them. He is constantly doing research for product development.

Am I right in saying that decks are slowly getting wider?

It seems like more brands a trying some wider sizes. I really hope this is true.

I see lots of pros that don’t have huge feet but still riding 8.5s and 9s

I think they are getting bigger as skating progresses. Bigger board is gonna be stronger. More wood to spread the load. People are going bigger and bigger.
It is harder to spin/flip a bigger board, but once you get used to it its fine. It also gives you more foot space to land on, so when doing tech/big tricks you are giving yourself more chance to land

Yes the progress from narrow to big has been happening over the last 5 years. Most people were buying decks by transition companies cause they wanted a bigger deck. Other companies have caught on and started doing bigger boards now.
I still think that the most popular size is 8” but will possibly change sooner or later.

C J Parker - 01 May 2013 09:38 PM

Yes the progress from narrow to big has been happening over the last 5 years. Most people were buying decks by transition companies cause they wanted a bigger deck. Other companies have caught on and started doing bigger boards now.
I still think that the most popular size is 8” but will possibly change sooner or later.

On behalf of all the big footed skaters out there….