The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Perisher 2013

drc13 - 06 September 2013 11:44 AM
NBG - 06 September 2013 09:31 AM

Wow, only 31 lifts today, looks like Smigs is pretty much done but for the JBar’s, Piper is done for the season as is the Link TBar.  Looks like I might be spending some solid time in Lickarse and the superpipe this weekend or perhaps even the FV park.

Such a brief season. It was August or nothing. You still fit in a very impressive amount of days this season though!

Actually I think my best days were July to be honest!

The piper features are all in what used to be the boarder cross which is now a rail park. Yabby flats has a small boardercross and then the new rail park is to riders right at the bottom of goats. 3 parks still going and thredderz only has antons.

NBG - 07 September 2013 05:18 PM

3 parks still going and thredderz only has antons.

Shit really???

No high noon at all - ouch

Another fun day riding, the boys went to thredders so I was riding solo for the morning other then briefly running into Dan and Wilmshurst at mid station on my way from the pipe to lickarse.  Lick arse was awesome, the overnight freeze meant there was easy enough pace to hit the bigger line without knuckling.  Hi the FV park on the way back through ,saw Torah and Chas Guldemond up the top and watched them both drop, Torah is tiny but goes big and smooth, totally rips.  Chas and some of the other guys I didn’t immediately recognise were tearing it as well. from what I heard Chas was trying triples on the last hit but I didn’t see any attempts.

With the cooler temps next week and the small amount of snow coming looks like next weekend could be good down there which is lucky as I’ve go a trip with the boys planned ha ha!

I’m down there Tuesday/Wednesday, for the balmoral boards shred! Yew!!

Also, one of the guys riding with Chas was most likely Harley trivic, he is one of the fyve sponsored guys, (most likely in a fyve tie dyed hoodie,) one of the guys in our group’s best friend is sharing a house with Harley in Jindy, smile

Anyone riding perisher this weekend? Im thinking about going down as it might be one of the last slides of the season. Guessing some of rhe shred w ill end up there seeing as thredbo is all but done.

NBG - 11 September 2013 09:14 AM

Guessing some of rhe shred w ill end up there seeing as thredbo is all but done.

That is what we have been thinking

NBG - 11 September 2013 09:14 AM

Anyone riding perisher this weekend? Im thinking about going down as it might be one of the last slides of the season. Guessing some of rhe shred w ill end up there seeing as thredbo is all but done.

Yeah mate, I have both passes so will definitely consider a day at Perisher. Will you still be around on the Monday?

No mate I have a busy week at work next week.

NBG - 11 September 2013 12:14 PM

No mate I have a busy week at work next week.

Ok I’ll quash any last minute ideas of a road trip then smile

Aren’t you going to be there for the shred anyway mate?

NBG - 11 September 2013 02:12 PM

Aren’t you going to be there for the shred anyway mate?

Yeah but if you were staying the long weekend I was going to see if I could make a shared driving situation work somehow. Might not have worked out anyway but figured it was worth checking smile

IF
I was able to get PP down there we would have done a day at Perisher since we both have season passes. But it’s looking like I wasted that $700 since PP has only been down there for one trip.

Mr h0z and I (and possibly one or 2 more) will be down tuesday/wednesday, we were looking at a day at thredbo on the Tuesday, but looking at the cams and hearing the reports.. We don’t really think we can justify the lift pass.. Especially when we can ride perisher for nothing (season pass) and they have about 25-30 lifts still running.. We were there yesterday and did mount p, and center valley, and kept looping the mini park next to the fv park, was really fun.. I tail pressed a few of the boxes, and even attempted a board slide.. Got to the end and as I tried to straighten I slipped and ended up sitting on the end of the box, lol!!.. So we will most likely be at perisher, some where between fv, and Mt.p, if you guys decide to pop over, come say hi!

Our end of season edit is up. super fun times! enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3rWLlP1d1M