The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Lake Tahoe 2013/14

I wonder if that was because so many people were hitting the park due to the conditions at the time? ie I wonder if the lines are normally that long when the snow is better?

Some good info guys. Thanks!

Alright, so I’m all but ready to book flights.

I need some info on getting a car. From what I gather, it’s kinda hard for an international to buy and insure a car in the states. Insurance isn’t to much of an issue as is registering a vehicle without a permanent address.

Is the only way around this having a friend in the USA who won’t mind me using their address to tie the vehicle to? Are there any vehicle brokers/services that provide something along the lines of finding a resonable car for people travelling over for an extended time period?

Hey guys,

So I arrived in Tahoe a couple of days ago. They had a dusting last week and heavenly is looking to open in a couple of weeks. It’s been great as we’ve caught the tail end of the fall so the colours around the place are absolutely stunning.

Before coming over, I managed to sort out the essentials. Like PBR supplied all season long. Ripping. So a trip to Reno was in order to pick up 20 cartons of 16oz tinnies.

I’m running a blog for the trip via my website, http://www.grahamgee.com if anyone’s interested to check it out.

for now, a couple images so far…

Washoe Lake, NV

This is what 480 cans of PBR looks like.

How did you get PBR to sort tht out? that is heaven in a tray of you ask me LOL

I am restricted to my lounge for the next few months so will be follwoing your blog. Keep it updated for me!

Also check out falling leaf lake if you get a chance, its a mini mission to get there but its epic. Took my missus ther and it was effing magical! if i was going ot propose to her on that trip (never was) that is where i would have done it!

deanobruce - 11 November 2013 08:07 AM

How did you get PBR to sort tht out? that is heaven in a tray of you ask me LOL

I am restricted to my lounge for the next few months so will be follwoing your blog. Keep it updated for me!

Also check out falling leaf lake if you get a chance, its a mini mission to get there but its epic. Took my missus ther and it was effing magical! if i was going ot propose to her on that trip (never was) that is where i would have done it!

Helps knowing the right people in the right places sometimes smile It’s already proven to have saved us quite a bit of money haha.

Will be sure to keep it updated.

Looks like the lake is only a half hour drive - might head out there tomorrow! Thanks for the tip!

Nice!

Looking forward to the blog grin

Have a great season….

Thanks ozgirl! smile

Did you end up getting that 50mm 1.2??

Yeh its not too far away. the drive in is interesting. We had a big ass Chevy Tahoe and it was a 1 lane road in so had to pull over/pull into driveways to let passing traffic pass sometimes

grahamgee - 11 November 2013 09:58 AM

Thanks ozgirl! smile

No my stupid car decided to need a bunch of stuff done on it and cleaned out my savings :-(

nice graham! Will keep an eye on the blog….but post a reminder on here sometimes so I don’t miss out if I forget!

ozgirl - 11 November 2013 10:31 AM
grahamgee - 11 November 2013 09:58 AM

Thanks ozgirl! smile

No my stupid car decided to need a bunch of stuff done on it and cleaned out my savings :-(

That sucks :(

Will be sure to post a reminder every so often. Once the season gets into swing there should be a fairly steady flow of photos to go up too.

Blog is updated with the trip to Emerald Bay and Fallen Leaf Lake. Thanks for the hot tip deano, it ended up coinciding with Joel’s friends pointers also!

Funnily enough, just as we were walking back up from Vikingsholm, a couple were just engaged.

I run a facebook page also, shameless plug, where galleries and what not are updated. If you feel like it’s worthy of space on your feed (I know it’s pretty blue ribbon real estate these days) I’d appreciate the support in the form of a like!

http://www.facebook.com/grahamgeephoto

Starting to think I’d better start a Tahoe thread?

Cheers guys!

Greta pics!

I am sooo jealous… I refuse to give up hope of a sneaky trip this Nth Hem winter… so I might see you there at some point!

Or I could just spend my summer editing my footage from last year! LOL

You should join in on the name that mountain game!

Hahaha I’d be HOPELESS at that game. I have looked. Don’t you worry!

Well hopefully this will be a mountain you will be very familiar with soon!

ozgirl - 12 November 2013 01:41 PM

Okay, whilst not a hugely popular mountain by bw standards multiple members have been here.