The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

How do you prefer the search feature to work?

There was Spam on the weekend - one of your awesome mods must have caught it before you did?

But it was there for several hours. Blizz has seen a bit too.

As I am not a mod I am not sure if their deleting powers have changed or if the offending threads have been moved to the mods section and may still be there?

Maybe send an email and ask the mods. But yeah there was spam on the weekend!

ozgirl - 30 April 2013 12:19 PM

But yeah there was spam on the weekend!

Confirmed, I saw it, couldn’t report it though.

I did see one, which I removed. But I believe this one was a person that actually registered to spam, not a bot. We should be seeing very little spam from now on. Either way, the report feature will be back very soon.

Oh and I forgot the most important thing

Embedded Video!!

Way more important than search being fixed IMO

rider26 - 30 April 2013 12:44 PM

But I believe this one was a person that actually registered to spam, not a bot.

Still spam and still annoying and why we need the reporting function fixed.

I am sure I would hate people reporting spam if i was a mod, but I also know that because I am not a mod I find it frustrating that I can’t seem to fix it!! (equally frustrating is when you see that a mod has been online and posted and hasn’t moved the spam!  rage thats when i report it. its almost a “oui come back and get the spam you were just online!” or if it is over 12 hours sitting there!)

Meh just ignore it? works for me wink

ozgirl - 30 April 2013 01:15 PM

But I believe this one was a person that actually registered to spam, not a bot.

I am sure I would hate people reporting spam if i was a mod, but I also know that because I am not a mod I find it frustrating that I can’t seem to fix it!! (equally frustrating is when you see that a mod has been online and posted and hasn’t moved the spam!  rage thats when i report it. its almost a “oui come back and get the spam you were just online!” or if it is over 12 hours sitting there!)

Calm down there, Kim. raspberry

It’s been fixed. You can now report. dance

ozgirl - 30 April 2013 01:11 PM

Oh and I forgot the most important thing

Embedded Video!!

Way more important than search being fixed IMO

This is our number 1 priority. It’s not a simple fix though. I want this working really badly too.

rider26 - 30 April 2013 02:21 PM

wheres that finger smiley….

i have reported Kim already didnt you get my report email.

ozgirl - 30 April 2013 02:26 PM

wheres that finger smiley….

Here tis Kim;

Hmmm just tested the new search.

I search for Stoked (as in one of the most popular threads…)

First thing is (and never noticed til now) you used to be able to click on a section only n(ie general, snowboarding, skateboard) separate to the whole forum home page and the great thing was you could narrow down you search by only searching that section.

The word Stoke being search on the full home page brings up a shite load of responses… none of them being the stoked thread. :-(

This should be fixed when we change it to titles only. Will really narrow the search.

You can search by section using the advanced search feature: https://www.boardworld.com.au/forums/search/