The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

BW Update: changes possibly tonight. Please read.

Is Nacho havin a crap now?????

Who knows… he walks to the beat of his own drum.

So we got another band member?????

So we have vocals and drums. I call guitar cause guitarists get the chicks..

Hey rider I don’t know if this a new update or what but if I click on new posts and don’t view any of them til the next day but click it again to refresh it the posts from yesterday that were new aren’t on the list anymore. Not sure what’s going on but before any updates started the new posts list was a list for all new unread post not just new for that day.

Hey rider I don’t know if this a new update or what but if I click on new posts and don’t view any of them til the next day but click it again to refresh it the posts from yesterday that were new aren’t on the list anymore. Not sure what’s going on but before any updates started the new posts list was a list for all new unread post not just new for that day.

I think the new posts button collects all new posts since your last login. i.e. if you click new posts, don’t view some of them, close the browser, open and click new posts again, it probably won’t pull up those unread new posts from the previous session. Does that make sense?

Makes sense but that’s not was happening if I hadn’t click mark as unread or opened each thread they would stay until I did so wether or not I had logged off and on again no matter how often I on view new posts..

Just means I’m going to have to look at the site more often.

I’m not too sure to be honest. Very soon I will start a thread for bugs/issues as we upgrade the site and change over to the new site. Please keep an eye on it and let me know if you notice anything. I will let you guys know when the first changes are scheduled to happen.

Hey guys,

Just want to update you on what’s happening.

The first attempt last week to upgrade the site failed, so we rolled it back (no changes).

Since then, we have been working with the system guys to make sure the next upgrade went through smoothly.

Last night Nacho upgraded the system to the latest version which will enable us to do a lot more with the site. It took ages but Nacho got it all done. As a result, we had to tear back the forums to the bare skeleton you see now. This was part of the plan and the next build (going through tonight) will let us start rebuilding the forums on the new system which means we can start implementing the new graphics and all those awesome ideas you guys have given us.

Unfortunately I won’t always be able to let you know what’s going on, as sometimes I don’t even know. But rest assured, Nacho has our community in his best interest and all of these things are part of the plan. As I mentioned previously, expect parts of the current site to break and new bugs to pop up (we are expecting this to happen). Please just be patient and keep an eye out for any bugs that pop up. This forum break is an obvious one but the others might not be so obvious. We are counting on you guys to support us through the rebuild and give us more “eyes on the ground” so we know what needs fixing.

Please feel free to shoot through any questions.

Cheers,

Jez and Nacho.

Thanks guys. Top work.
I would give you a smiley but, well, I can’t.

Just been through this whole thing, and it’s not easy. Always someone not happy, and always a problem you didn’t foresee. Mostly, it’s human interface error, but unhappy customers become no customer. I think we got it 80% right, and the other 20% is pretty much beyond our control. I think you guys will do way better than that smile

Nacho está haciendo un trabajo maravilloso!!!!!

Jeremy es un masturbador!!!!!

snowbum_spaz - 03 April 2013 12:58 PM

Thanks guys. Top work.
I would give you a smiley but, well, I can’t.

My instinct was to reply with a LOL smiley, but well, you said it. Haha