The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Alot is not a word, it is ‘a lot’!

I’m not sure if I’m getting old, or it’s the grammar nazi in me, but please stop using ‘alot’ people! It is two words - ‘a lot’.

Stay tuned for next week’s revelation where we learn that plurals don’t have apostrophes /shock/.

I don’t use it alot!!!!!

This thread’s gonna make NBG a bit jelly, I reckon!!!!!

“Ya” is not an abbreviation for “your”! smirk

“There” is used in the context, “over there” or “there she is”. “They’re” means “they are”. “Their” is used in the context, “their house is big”.

It feels good to get that off my chest! red face

I can’t wait for next week’s (<—- possessive apostrophe) lesson. wink

AJ, I love you.

i use alot a lot

I use !!!!! alot!!!!!

Should I have an allotment?????

NBG - 27 March 2013 11:26 PM

AJ, I love you.

Is it ghey lurve?????

There should only ever be 3 periods - period!

Someone once pointed this out and since then it has bugged me no end!

Oh and personally it is different to !!!!!!

So exaltation point away Mizu!

I only ever use 3 dots unless I want to show people that I’m making an extremely exaggerated pause…................................
......................for effect raspberry

........................................................................................... Yeah!!!!!

Oh dear…....................................................

rider26 - 27 March 2013 11:22 PM

“Ya” is not an abbreviation for “your”! smirk

“There” is used in the context, “over there” or “there she is”. “They’re” means “they are”. “Their” is used in the context, “their house is big”.

It feels good to get that off my chest! red face

I can’t wait for next week’s (<—- possessive apostrophe) lesson. wink

Its funny that “a lot” of people don’t know the difference between, Your, You’re, Where, Were, We’re, There, They’re and Their as J posted..

Even words like through, threw, presents and presence some people get mixed up.. Wow!

Its going to be super amusing to see the next generation “generation stupid” come up through the ranks with the world of spell check auto correct and technology in general ruining their lives and education….

I’ve double checked my grammar in this post just so i don’t get shat on by other BW members! Haha! Take “your” best shot!

However im guilty of “alot” wink

This!!!! It drives me insane. Check this out: http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com.au/2010/04/alot-is-better-than-you-at-everything.html?m=1
It’s hilarious! I actually showed it at a staff meeting a few weeks ago wink