The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Need help with a first skateboard.

About £50, £60 at the most
I found this, could you take a look and tell me if you think it’s a good board?
http://www.skateboardsofchoice.co.uk/skateboards/skateboard-completes/bircom0050.htm

I have been riding one of those birdhouse completes for ages now and I love it.
for the price it really cant be beat. its a good starters board and when you get better you can upgrade later.

I have upgraded my bearings to bones but other than that im still riding the whole birdhouse package.
everything is solid, nothing has broken on it.

Mate for the price that is a good board, a saving of 30 quid is always a good thing. As LowGuido said you can always upgrade things bit by bit later on. The only other option that is going to be close to that is the Fracture complete at £49.99.

The Enuff eyeball board on that website would be alright too. It is an price point English brand so not too bad all round.

The only thing worrying me is the wheel size, will they be okay for street?

Most completes will generally come with 52-53mm wheels, thats where changing things over bit by bit will come into play. Only other way around it is to set up something yourself, but as yoy have seen it can get quite expensive.

Fair enough.
I think I’ll go for that complete, and change the wheels to something bigger when I have the money.
Thank you so much for all your help, and to the others who chipped in, I’ve learned a lot of stuff that will help me.

That is what we are here for Nylus. Welcome to the skate family.
Keep us posted on your progress in the progression section. Also there are plenty of in depth trick tip videos to watch in the skate section. In the mean time get busy pushing.

I’ll be sure to keep you posted. :]