The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Boardworld iOS appication(app. For apple mobile device)

rider26 - 06 November 2011 11:47 PM

Just to update everyone, we are working full steam ahead for releasing a iPhone and Andriod forum app. Please be patient but I guarantee it’s happening. We are currently upgrading our entire system to enable the app to talk to the forums more effectively.

good to hear1
so what month are you looking for it to be released same sorta time frame january or early next year?

It’s hard to put a date on it right now. We are currently upgrading our system which will hopefully only take a few weeks. From there we will get right into the app development, and that might take a month or two. I’m trying to move it along as quick as possible but there’s so many variables. Best guess would be early 2012. wink

yew!! this would be awesome

I can’t wait, this just looks awesome and it’ll be right next to my FB app LOL

^^^^ yeah mate thats exactly where mine will be smile

hey jez any news on this app???? keen as smile

The whole order of how things were happening have changed. We are rebuilding the entire website. Before we can build the app we need to upgrade the system. We were originally upgrading the system before designing the new website, but it turned out we have to design the website (graphics, functions etc. which we are currently doing) before upgrading the system. If that all makes sense. In a nutshell, it’s moving along as fast as possible. Aiming to have everything (new website, app etc) up and running by the time the Aus winter season is here. It’s a huge build but it will definitely be worth the effort and wait. That’s the plan. smile

sweet as jez keen as mustard to start using it! cheers for the reply.

How’s the progress for the app?

Design has started. Development can’t start till the new website is up. I’m working super hard to get the new website up ASAP. Website design is pretty much done and our developers will be writing the code for at least a few more weeks. As much as I want everything up right now, we have to do it the right way. I really appreciate everyone’s patience. It’s coming… smile

rider26 - 29 June 2012 02:55 AM

Design has started. Development can’t start till the new website is up. I’m working super hard to get the new website up ASAP. Website design is pretty much done and our developers will be writing the code for at least a few more weeks. As much as I want everything up right now, we have to do it the right way. I really appreciate everyone’s patience. It’s coming… smile

Awesome, I can’t wait for it!

ANDROID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How good is this…. should go in the Stoke thread!! A new website and a new app .... stylin!!!

Hey jez unless I’m blind which I may be because I haven’t found anything about it, but how’s the app going? I think I would live on this if there was an app!

It’s being designed but not properly developed.
THe new website needs to be running before the app can go past the design stage.