The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Just an idea??

Maybe can all the boardworld members get some footage of themselves and post it on here and someone(who knows how to) make a short video of it,then they can like put music and words etc behind it..

I think it would be fun to watch everyone!!

Then if someone new comes they have to reach a certain number of post before they can get on it??

just a random thought….

No response to this thread would be due to the difficulties organising such a video. Is anyone interested in such an idea?

I guess it could be done.

I can edit it, the real drama is getting the footage to me. I’ll have a look at ways to have people upload via FTP to my site, from there I can access the video and work some magic. - Would have to be short clips or members would have to mail a memory card.

It could also be done via Vimeo (or YT) as I can download form there but we lose quality.

Maybe next season I’ll let BW members with a certain number of posts get some free headcam usage (Perisher or Thredbo) that way the footage will go sraight into my external drive.

I’ll give some thought to it over summer. Video time for skate and surf this year is a little short notice but again I don’t mind giving it a go - a practice run.

If we have any takers that are organising a skate day or doing a surfari or are just interested - post here to show it.

spaz - 09 October 2010 07:28 AM

No response to this thread would be due to the difficulties organising such a video. Is anyone interested in such an idea?

I guess it could be done.

I can edit it, the real drama is getting the footage to me. I’ll have a look at ways to have people upload via FTP to my site, from there I can access the video and work some magic. - Would have to be short clips or members would have to mail a memory card.

It could also be done via Vimeo (or YT) as I can download form there but we lose quality.

Maybe next season I’ll let BW members with a certain number of posts get some free headcam usage (Perisher or Thredbo) that way the footage will go sraight into my external drive.

I’ll give some thought to it over summer. Video time for skate and surf this year is a little short notice but again I don’t mind giving it a go - a practice run.

If we have any takers that are organising a skate day or doing a surfari or are just interested - post here to show it.

You could upload the raw files, zipped or compressed onto a file hosting site such as Rapidshare, Megaupload etc.

That’s the easiest way to do it. FTP transfer, lets face it - it is easy to use for those that know how to, but for those that don’t the easiest option is just upload your file to a free file hosting site.

Another idea that just struck me is that we could hold a competion, each week we get a particular person to post a video reel and the best editor wins smile

I’ve been wanting to run a comp where you film the best line down the hill in whatever resort. Just haven’t had the time to organise it.

id be interested….like Spaz said though it would take a bit of work from the person putting it together and getting the footage together might be the most difficult part though.

edit: i reckon it would be ok to charge for the cams still spaz, or even at a discounted rate maybe….especially if your going to be spending time editing to.

The ‘post’ tell me about this service, I recall something about it from my youth tongue wink