The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Burtons EST

ive been on est for 2 seasons now, you are right matt about the slipping. its only happened to me once, i ended up in racer stance, pretty funny at the time! it was super easy to change my stance back, guess that will teach me for not doing regular checks on my setup to make sure the screws are tight.

Rode my brothers Hero on the weekend with Triad EST’s.
Very nice bindings, super comfy and you do seem to get a better feel through the board.
EST will be my choice at my next upgrade.

How was the Hero??? I really want to try that board.

rider26 - 01 July 2009 07:06 AM

Same here, Ive herd there real smooth.

EvanL - 01 July 2009 06:46 AM

Rode my brothers Hero on the weekend with Triad EST’s.
Very nice bindings, super comfy and you do seem to get a better feel through the board.
EST will be my choice at my next upgrade.

well you will now you have a new board!!! i reckon the triad est would be sick on the custom

Hero was good.
Only did a couple of runs on it (it was my brothers first weekend of riding it so i dont want to hog it too much).
Feels a little different when you first get on it after stepping off my Custom
As expected its super easy to press on the tip/tail with the rocker and spoon nose.
Ollieing was a bit harder, didnt get the same pop as on a camber board.
Didnt hit any rails on it though, id hate to ding his new board.
Im down the snow again this weekend so hopefully i’ll have another go on it to give some more feedback.

Shredlife - 21 June 2009 03:58 AM

Yo Jer i’d be totally down to mount Cartels or any other burton binding, too bad every pair of Burton bindings I’ve ever owned have blown up on me. From those franken pair I gave to your house to my Freestyles, they’ve always let me down.

the purpose or ‘highlight’ of an EST binding is the foam bottoms and channel screws (even though those slip, ref: mathias @ schools b2, paul from the same pod, raphael… they’ve all complained to me about their channel being set at a 24” stance or whatnot, and finishing their run with a 26” stance and weird angles.

furthermore, when burton DOES give you a binding to mount ‘regular boards’ they neglect to pad the disc, demonstrating their obvious lack of commitment to riders not on an EST. how much time does it take to make a binding plate cap like rome does… seriously.

you need to just stop with the stupid burton bashing. if you don’t like burton:fine but keep it to yourself. you are bringing this whole message board down by repeating your biased nonsense.

the channel does not slip, i’m sorry but the people you listed are idiots if they can’t tighten their screws enough. the burton pros (all of which are on the channel) put way more stress on boards than anyone on here. i have 100’s of days on channel boars without ONE incident of slipping.

Keeping your equipment in good condition includes keeping screws tight.
I’ve had the screws for the highback rotation slip numerous times, so before a day of riding I check all screws.
I dont do this all the time, but it is a good habit to get into to.
Maybe make a habit of it when you wax, check all the screws.

rider26 - 01 July 2009 07:06 AM

hero was an amazing board, so comfy, carves great, super relaxed on kickers, rail up the pipe, easy to stay afloat in pow and being reversecamber it is super easy to move your weight back and forth for riding pow too.

it;s true though you can’t ollie quite as high, but it’s not a lot of difference. plus if you land super back seat you can’t use the board to pull you in cause it will just wash out. Not all a bad thing, you just have to land right.

Only thing about EST is that it does seem a bit weak, my hardwear ripped right out of it but I did over shoot the jump pretty bad.

Thanks for the report Will. I am going to the 2010 Burton product launch next month. That will be the first board I try…