The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Melbourne, what to do?

OK, we have three days in Melb’s, two teenage kids 14 & 16, Lady & Gentleman.
What do we do?

Dates cover a weekend and a Monday.

Want to keep everyone happy (most of the time) and not spend a million dollars.

Any suggestions?

Old Melbourne Goal (Inc. Watchouse tour), Eureka Tower, Queen Vic Markets, Brighton Beach (bathing boxes).

Food wise, HAVE TO go to Pellegrini’s. Best food on the planet!! Mrs Parma’s, Shanghai Dumpling, TGI Friday’s.

Goal sounds good, Tower has been done, as with Markets. Beach is over rated…........ we are all snowboarders.

Tell me more about Pellegrini’s, where is it? We are great at eating !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh man Pellegrini’s, it’s a Melbourne institution!!! When I ate there my meal was big but best Italian I have EVER had! Faster service then Macca’s. Make sure you have their baked cheesecake with ice cream. We hate cheesecake but this was amazing, oh and the watermelon and lemon granita!

http://yourrestaurants.com.au/guide/pellegrinis_espresso_bar/

It is funny when they take your order and yell to mamma in the kitchen!

Luna Park is still going. A rollercoaster with a dude standing at the back with a hand brake, sorry too crazy for me!

Pellegrini’s is on the list.

Tried leaving the kids at home, the reason we are in Melbs in the first place is we are sending one to Germany, another to Mount Buller…......... not bad at hand balling the kids hey?!

Go karting is sounding good and a street walk photography course too.

If you’re after an activity to do, it may not be “typically Melbourne”, but we always have a great time whenever we go skating at the Ice House - http://www.icehouse.com.au/

Go to DFO at Southwharf…apparently they need all the customers they can get wink

i would say go to the Southern Star Observation (ferris wheel) but its still cloesd!!!  angry
oh well sorry i couldn’t help

The ferris wheel has been dismantled cause it buckled in summer. At this stage they aren’t replacing it (I don’t think)

snowcrazy - 21 August 2010 05:08 AM

The ferris wheel has been dismantled cause it buckled in summer. At this stage they aren’t replacing it (I don’t think)

aww Dam!!! i really wanted to go on it… but they still might replace it, the web site is still up and running so fingers crossed!!!

Hey Azz! Was good to meet ya up at Buller. Sorry didnt end up getting to ride with you though. Was hectic on the Tues Wed with events and duties, but glad i got the awesome snow on Thurs Fri cheese
Oh and turns out my mate who was up with another school won that Austria trip!! we were joking about how i’d win with my luck haha
End up doin a Melb trip??