The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

The Pet Thread

Meet my buddy, Chilli….

And when he was a puppy…

had to put our dog down just before christmas last year unfortunately.. 15 and a half so she lived a pretty awesome life, was the worst day :(

haven’t got a new dog yet but I’m sure we’ll have another one in the next year or so since the house is pretty quiet without her around anymore.

For the mean time though we’ve got 2 chooks.. ella and elsie

Sorry to hear it mate. We had to put my dog down when I was in Whistler a couple of seasons ago. She was such an awesome dog, miss her heaps. But now I have Chilli and he is such an awesome (and very naughty) dog!

this is Rufus nearly 4

here she is when she was a pup

my kitty Bella

I haven’t got any pets at the moment, however… last year when I spent the season in Jindy, my housemates had a Dog “Merv” and he was an awesome dog.

They also had a bird echo which hated both the guys that lived there (me and housemate) but loved all females lol.

Some of the weirdos that live in our paddock.

L to R ~ Zimba, Uncle Lemmywinks, Camilla, Juliet and Tiv’s head sticking up in background.
Interesting critters, very nosey, quirky personalities and fun to have hanging around the place.

haha “weirdos”  love it

Here’s my best mate ever - Ralph. Lost him late last yeah just short of his 18th birthday. He lived about 3 lives in one, 100 miles an hour every day. Should have lost him a few times, but he just kept going. Miss him heaps.

Me and Ralph 18 years ago.

This is the current neighbourhood menace - Anja. Very loving dog, but an absolute psycho when a stranger comes around!

naw there all so cute!!!
how can i get pic’s off my computer on to this??

Do you know how to host pics on a site like imageshack.com?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

my blue heeler when she was a puppy!!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

1 of my other dogs in my hoodie haha

Our Bella, Kelpie Cross. She is getting old though :-( She is about 10.

My lazy kat Kaz. She looks like a little fatty but just has fairly long thick hair.She is a sook & so is Bella!

Sadly our pet cat Sam died last week. +1 got home from work and found him gasping for air and vomiting bloody over himself…..right away she grabbed Sam, put him a in a towell and sprinted to the vet (who is about 300m down the road). Sam got admitted right away but died on the examination table about 10 seconds later :(
+1 was devastated for about 2 days. To be honest I was pretty gutted as well. He was sufferring from a heart condition (pure bred genentic issues, etc) so was on daily medication.  He was only 8-9 years old but he certanily enriched our lives.

A funny thing happened to Sam last year. He was a persian cat so had long hair which needed daily grooming. However Sam didn’t like being groomed under his belly so to get around this we go the vet shave that area every few months.  Anyway the time came for his shave but we took him to a different vet. This is what Sam looked like normally….

This is what he looked like after the vet got a bit carried away….

They made him bald!! Plus it was the middle of winter so he was freezing!! Look at his face - he was not a happy camper!

So to keep him warm we had to buy him a little doggie jacket…..

But as you can see it was not very long (ie his hind legs might be cold) - so we managed to find a little babies jumped my +1 used to wear as a new born….Sam was a male cat and unfortunatey…......

he had to wear this outfit for a few months whilst his fur grew back!! Ahh it was always a source of amusement grin
Love you Sam and we missed you greatly!

Tambazz - 30 July 2010 03:07 AM

Some of the weirdos that live in our paddock.

L to R ~ Zimba, Uncle Lemmywinks, Camilla, Juliet and Tiv’s head sticking up in background.
Interesting critters, very nosey, quirky personalities and fun to have hanging around the place.

haha thats crazy cool!!!

We had a Dalmatian for a few years. Her name was Panda. We had to give her back, as our own living arrangements were not consistent, and we couldnt give her the home she deserved.