The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Honest opinions needed about Boardworld Social

Hey guys,

Would you rather Boardworld Social was split into Snow Social and Skate Social? Or kept as it is now?

There are some big improvements coming to Boardworld in the next few months. We will also be launching the Skate and Girls sections in the coming months.

I would like to thank everyone for supporting Boardworld from the beginning. Your support is much appreciated! If you ever have any feedback or questions, please don’t hesitate to give your opinions in Site Feedback and Questions.

I would lean towards leaving it as is…

Leave it, that way you will find more people getting involved in conversation on all topics, as opposed to staying in their preferred field (board or skate)

I’d leave it. It works sweet now.

Well Im going to stir things up and say change it.

Only because it is a world wide viewed site it will help to keep things active in each section (expecialy once the surf section fires up to)  If you ride snow, water or the hard stuff it will be easier to navigate your way around to the info you want and if you feel you want to knowledge from a different section you can always visit it.

But it is just my opinion and so far Im out numbered.

Just say we keep Boardworld Social as it is… would you like a News and Events forum for each sport?

I think you have it under control now.

I live by the K.I.S.S system kiss

It’s better to have a social area where general convo takes place, if it encourages people to visit the other forums. If it can include posts from other threads I think that would work, that way (for example) a photo thread could have it’s home in the photo section but is also viewed in the General Forum. Maybe BW social could have recent posts section from any thread on the site as well as anything in the social forum. The mods could move particular threads to the right area.

I second spaz’s comments. 

useful post eh!

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

I think that once the membership participation increases… it will make it more obvious when the time comes to separate the skate and the snow sections. Right now I think you have it set up so it is very manageable.

I like the way it is now,
you could even change the layout if you want to achieve people reaching all sections of the website. The easier it is to see, the more people visiting!