The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

South Swell 5-7 till…. still going!

Any of you guys been getting any waves during this swell.  I was considering going to the snow on the weekend just gone but damn I’m glad I didn’t, the surf was epic!  My local reef/point has been amazing for the last few days, yesterday was by far the biggest, was sitting out so far I could see right into the next couple of beaches down.  Was amusing yesterday, only a couple of guys out and one of them happened to be Andrew Johns, got flogged on a late drop on one.

Will be heading out again today, it’s too good not to.

It’s been huge here too. Can’t say I’ve been out though. Still getting physio on my back but should be OK by next week. To be honest, with my current fitness I don’t think I’ll be paddling out in this swell anyway. Enjoy mate!

More awesomeness today ha ha ha, not as big as yesterday but still good fun, I think tomorrow is forecast to be the smallest day this week at 3-4ft ha ha ha!

Did you get any photos of your break?

I don’t wanna hear about it!!!!!

Can’t see myself gettin out there for a while, after this rib cartilage damage!!!!!  rage

rider26 - 12 July 2011 08:29 AM

Did you get any photos of your break?

Nah, it’s a 10min run down the beach and it doesn’t really lend itself to pics from where I park so I never bothered.

Bronte Beach, two days ago.

Crankin!!!!!

shock

cool cheese is that you?