The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Warranty claim?

The toe part of my boots are starting to come apart a bit. The photos below show nicely what I mean. I’m not sure if it’s a problem or not but after a total of only 9 days use its got me a bit worried. What do you guys reckon, is it a big enough issue to chase up my warranty? Because the thing is, by the time I use them again next my warranty will be well and truly over, so it’s now or never really.

Ok Im struggling a bit with photos. Hopefully they work below. To post them in here they are way too big.

http://yfrog.com/0jimg2511ij

http://yfrog.com/0mimg2514uj

http://yfrog.com/5himg2513msj

theyre snowboarding boots, you snowboard, they’ll start to break down. if youre really worried, throw some 2 part epoxy together and gum that space up, otherwise unless your foot starts to get wet and the boot still goes in the binding, send it.

Meh get the most out of your boot, if you can claim the warranty why the hell not!!

My contrabands had paint peeling off the back of them the first day, I’m claiming that shit to try and get the 2010 model.

And yeah you don’t want your foot getting wet…

Peeling paint wont get an item replaced. I would be very surprised.

Usually things that are cosmetic only and not functional wont get replaced.

As for you boor, Dan you may be able to send in those pics and see what they say. The easy route might be to get epoxy, or Shoo-Goo and patch it up. When things are sent in for warranty, every company does things differently, but you may have to pay shipping cost back to them, give them a few days or week to fix and return mail to you… not always the best option if you ride a whole lot or if they are your only pair.

I would at the least make a phonecall about the boots and see what they say.

What boot is it?
What company?

Thanks for the comments so far.

Good point about possible shipping costs. Maybe a bit of patch work with the epoxy will be more cost effective.

The boots are Versus from Nidecker. I bought them here in Aus and apparently they have a year warranty. The company is Swiss based I think.

Best thing to do is to take them back to the store you bought them from, along with the proof of purchase and they can get in contact with the Australian Distributor on your behalf.

I would say as it is still covered by warranty don’t attempt to glue them yourself yet, this may void the warranty claim.

Also trust what the staff at your store have to say, they see these kind of things every day and can generally tell you straight away what the outcome is going to be.

Let us know how it goes…

The shop is a good place to start.
Nidecker is Swiss, I do believe…
and I dont know anything at all about how Nidecker is about returns.

boots should not split apart like that after 9 days, definitely warranty them (best to do it early season, if possible) and don’t tryo fix them yourself