The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Wishlist for next season

My wishlist for now.. Subject to change:

2010 Libtech TRS BTX or 2010 Ride Society
2010 Ride Delta bindings or Ride Contraband
New Jacket - interested in 3CS gear, but unable to find a retailer in Melbourne yet.. (I think they’re in Sydney)
New helmet… maybe..

Thats about it so far…
Willing to shell out about 1.5k for the above gear.. might be cutting it close though… maybe just the board and bindings >_<

Addit: Also, what are people’s experiences with Ride Contraband bindings?
I’m deciding between the Deltas and the Contrabands.
Does that single toe strap give sufficient control/support?

I think I am looking at the LibTech MTX BTX…
Dont really need boots or bindings.

I am probably going to buy a lot of not-really-needed items like a hoodie and more gloves and luggage bags, stuff like that.
Now is just a good time to buy them.

Lib tech all the way dudes… trust me. love my banana.

3CS! DWR > gortex. Dryest, lightest, most stylish stuff I have ever worn!

Shredlife - 18 September 2009 03:40 AM

3CS! DWR > gortex. Dryest, lightest, most stylish stuff I have ever worn!

Where did you get your 3CS gear from?

I’m interested after seeing their signs on about 50% of the lift poles at Falls Creek.. haha

Ballistyx in ringwood stocks 3CS smile

As do Trigger Brothers.  It’s awesome stuff.

So I hit my local shop today and layed my hands on the LibTech Skate Banana.
Quite and interesting board, I must say. The magnetraction is just something I think I will have to get my hands on. I want the soft flex - even softer than my Rome, I’d hope. I know if I dislike it I can resell it for a good price.
My shop guy tells me that last season they were selling on ebay for $100 USD OVER retail at the end of the season, because they just diddnt make enough.
Sadly I’m debating if I should go with the yellow/green color or the blue/green color. Funny to be caught up at all in the color options, but I’ve never really had a choice in a board. I have always known the board I want, and just the graphics werent even a part in the decision. There was only one, or I was ordering it, and just took what came to me. now I know what board I want, and there are 2 to choose from at the shop. I just may have to drop the cash and buy it. I may wait until like the day before I go back to the dry slope and scoop it up then… hmmm. I dunno.

T-Spec - 18 September 2009 12:30 AM

Also, what are people’s experiences with Ride Contraband bindings?
I’m deciding between the Deltas and the Contrabands.
Does that single toe strap give sufficient control/support?

But the contrabands bro!! They are awsome. Never had a better binding and feel soo good while riding, very responsive.

I’ve already got next seasons pair on order!

I have seen a few people with them and they all say good things.
I read recently on here in a discussion about boot fitting that they should be adjusted to your boot. I dont know about how they adjust or all those options, but FIT is important with any gear.

I really want to get the Burton Joystick and possibly Burton Exile bindings. I really don’t need the bindings but I rode them at the product launch and the asymmetrical straps are awesome! There are other boards I would like to get also… Skate Banana being one of them, would also like to get my hands on some Rome bindings. Realistically I will probably only buy the Joystick, I have way too much snowboarding gear. smile

I got my 3cs gear from the distributer here in whistler.. hes my boss and a good friend of mine .. also rides for 3CS canada.. wicked shredder. you can get it exclusively from the only legit board shop in whistler - evolution

snowslider - 20 September 2009 01:47 PM

I have seen a few people with them and they all say good things.
I read recently on here in a discussion about boot fitting that they should be adjusted to your boot. I dont know about how they adjust or all those options, but FIT is important with any gear.

Yeah just a few straps to loosen or tighten depending on your boot design, no biggie and pretty easy really.

If you can’t be bothered doing it yourself get the dude at the shop you buy them at to do it, atleast you know it’s done properly then.

Well after riding my final day on Saturday I’ve decided on afew things I’d like to do in what will hopefully be my first working season next year. I’ll throw them up later on tonight if I have time.