The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Where, when and how long?

Have been told (over 6 weeks ago) I am on hold for working at FC till some snow starts falling. Looks like I missed the bus on that one.
Will prob buy a season pass for Falls and head up as much as possible and some weekdays I have off work at Buller. + an all expenses paid for trip at Threadbo with the family.

Heading to Park City Utah for 2.5-3 months at the start of 2010, need to sort accom. asap.

Have you checked out the I Ride Park City teaser?

https://www.boardworld.com.au/content/category/teaser-videos/

Just re-watched the whole thing then. Very decent movie, however it’s filmed 99% in the park.

don’t know if this is the right thread for this question but here it goes…i’ve got a leave pass for 10 days in early january, so will definetely board, but probably solo, so looking for some type of tour…japan is obvious due to proximity and have seen several tours to japan (via balmoral or ess)...has anybody ever done these? or i guess the question could also be, where to go if you are flying solo? not looking for a big party vibe, just good snow and full days of hitting it…

Hey Pow Wow,

I’ve done 2 trips to Furano in Hokkaido, the second I flew over by myself. I came back after the first trip and all my mates said “ohhh that looks amazing, I’m definitely down for next year” but when I started planning, all of them bailed. But I soldiered on and booked anyway, and don’t regret it one bit. I knew one person over there but he was working and I couldn’t ride with him 100% of the time. However, I stayed at North Country Inn and just through hanging out in their bar & foyer area I met heaps of people. I think out of the 12 days I rode in Furano, I might have had one half day alone. They also do daytrips to three other nearby resorts, so it’s not like you’re limited to just the one place.

Have fun, wherever you end up!

hey General, when you went to furano, how long did it take to get to other resorts from there? we are heading to niseko again from 5th to 25th and are going to find a rental van for our crew to head around the island.
what are the best places you visited? thinking of tomamu, asahidake, kiroro and rusutsu (Went there once last trip)

tks enn zed…good tips…it will be quite fun going solo and always easy to meet people on the mountain…i do like riding with others (specially those better than me) as i find that i get more gung ho and ride a lot better as i try to keep up…

now that i know i’m doing something northern winter, i can’t wipe the smile off my face…

I’ve never been to Niseko (wanted to avoid the Aussies, no offense), but from what I understand it’s about 6 hrs on a bus from Niseko to Furano. When I went, not many travel agents knew about flight options other than Sapporo, but thanks to a hookup we found that for Furano it’s better to fly into Asahikawa and take a bus for under an hour to Furano.

Tomamu, Asahidake and Kamui Ski Links are all easy daytrips from Furano. For Kamui I’d recommend staying in Asahikawa for a night or two - it’s a bigger city that’s not very westernised, and the bus to the hill (Kamui) is just one of the local city buses. Pretty rad to jump on the same bus as all the schoolkids when you’re dressed in full shred gear. They all shuffle off to school and 3 stops later you’re shredding! Stay in a traditional Ryokan hotel for at least a night. So much more rewarding than a regular hotel.