The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

New contest for August 2009

we should just give everything to me as my birthday is at the start of september and as im up in the snow with no friends or family this would make me happy
thanks guys
also would it be alright to throw in a little birthday money as well ive got my eyes on these great rattle snake bindings and bear skin boots

just the necesaties hey

while we are at it, i was looking at this waterfront mansion near st.kilda wink

Up in the snow with no friends or family?
why is that the case?

nelsonjameshogg - 03 August 2009 08:14 AM

we should just give everything to me as my birthday is at the start of september and as im up in the snow with no friends or family this would make me happy
thanks guys
also would it be alright to throw in a little birthday money as well ive got my eyes on these great rattle snake bindings and bear skin boots

just the necesaties hey

Where are you staying? Surely you’ve been able to meet people up there by now.

New prize added. Bandit fleece velco bandana. Trust me Bandit makes the best fleece bandana on the market.

More prizes to be added soon. Keep posting. smile

can you add another BW sticker in there too?

EvanL - 03 August 2009 05:45 AM

Well, ive tried to be helpful AND get my post count up smile

This ends up happening to me because I’m on the other side of the world, you know and I’m online when you guys are asleep.
I wake up and there’s all these posts to read through. I comment where I want and when I look it over, I’ve often hit most all of them and I’ve got my name everywhere.

We should try and discourage spam just for post count, that’s silly.
Conversation is one thing, but one word posts and the like are simple a nuisance.

snowslider - 03 August 2009 06:24 PM

Conversation is one thing, but one word posts and the like are simple a nuisance.

I think snowslider has a point here. All the posts should be useful or helpful in one way or another. Anyone can post random comments but it takes effort to write something that contributes to the forums.

Just Giver - 03 August 2009 06:45 PM

I think snowslider has a point here. All the posts should be useful or helpful in one way or another. Anyone can post random comments but it takes effort to write something that contributes to the forums.

This kind of leans back into the ‘most helpful member’ contest again.
Instead of this contest being a contest for post count, it should be for quality of contribution.

Word count to post count ratio… lol is that possible?
Sort of a score for each component:
1 point for each post.
1 additional post for a certain number of words.
2 points for new topics.
5 points for a topic that reaches over a certain number of pages in length.
5 more for over 200 views
1 point for each time of the day that you log in and re-visit the site.
Etc
Etc
Etc

That would be hard work to organize, though.
but again, I’m enjoying the additional participation and excitement and conversation on here.

A point for each time I log in! Man, that’s at least a half dozen a day for me.

And Slider, I wish I was sleeping when your online, usually my brain is - but I’m up late trying to get through my workload.

Go take a look at my posts and tell me if they are one word posts or didnt contribute.
Yes, over my lunchtime i did post quite a few times and when i saw my name up there a couple of times i thought….. i wonder if i could get my name in every box.
I didnt post in every single thread or topic, just once in each section Social/ Equipment/ Photography etc.
And my posts definitely werent spam or one word posts, i still feel i contributed to the threads.
As i said, “Ive tried to be helpful AND get my post count up”

EvanL - 04 August 2009 07:39 AM

Go take a look at my posts and tell me if they are one word posts or didnt contribute.

I definitely wasnt accusing anyone, especially you, Evan you contribute well to these forums.

I was just stating that the potential exists for spammers.

Slider, great idea, but it’d be hard as to maintain.
Its hard to avoid spammers and keep a post count exclusing the small posts because there is simply too many members and threads to keep a constant eye on.
Whereabouts on the other side of the world are you?

golfpunklegend - 09 August 2009 12:31 PM

Slider, great idea, but it’d be hard as to maintain.
Its hard to avoid spammers and keep a post count exclusing the small posts because there is simply too many members and threads to keep a constant eye on.
Whereabouts on the other side of the world are you?

Oh I agree, it would be too difficult indeed.

I am in the US in Virginia, middle east coast area.
I ride mostly in the state of West Virginia, but in Virginia too.

Do you ride in aus much mate?

golfpunklegend - 10 August 2009 05:35 AM

Do you ride in aus much mate?

I have never been to AUS. but it is on the list.
My wife and I would love to go ride during our normal summer months in AUS.