The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

2010 Burton product launch

I will be at Falls Creek from August 4 to test all the 2010 Burton boards, bindings, and boots. I will update this thread with feedback and photos. If there are any boards, bindings, or boots you would like me to test and give feedback on, let me know and I would be happy to ride and give feedback.

Let me know how the new Unic rides bro.. pEace!

I’m excited for you Jeremy, I enjoyed the opportunity to do that one year, it was amazing and I felt very “in the know” with the next year’s hard goods.
I should make the opportunity to do that again sometime.

I look forward to hearing and reading of your reports.

surferguy56 - 31 July 2009 09:00 PM

Let me know how the new Unic rides bro.. pEace!

There is no Uninc for 2010 (3/4 of the Uninc team is off Burton).

I just grabbed myself a 158 Fix from next year, soooo much fun to ride.

Great pop, took a little time to get used to the feeling of the spooned nose & tail. Makes it feel very loose in landings, butters etc.
This also makes it very forgiving board too.

rider26 - 31 July 2009 01:35 PM

I will be at Falls Creek from August 4 to test all the 2010 Burton boards, bindings, and boots. I will update this thread with feedback and photos. If there are any boards, bindings, or boots you would like me to test and give feedback on, let me know and I would be happy to ride and give feedback.

Thanks in advance for the reviews and photos. Sounds like great fun.

It’s always good fun. This is the 3rd year I’ve been invited to the product launch. It’s always very informative, enjoyable, and the guys at Burton put on a great few days at Falls Creek. Last year they had team riders Tom Pelley and Chris Boadle riding with us, making sure we were having a great time. I am looking forward to it (except for the 10 hour drive)!

we could split the driving!

id love to know how the custom v rocker rides, sounds like it would be a sweet board.

Yeah I’m really keen to ride it also, it’s at the top of my list. Will let you know how it goes.

Keen to know how the unincs replacement goes…. The easy livin with v rocker

Just out of curiosity how did you get an invite? Were you already involved with Burton or did you apply?

The product launch is for Burton dealers around Australia. One or two buyers from each store is invited to the product launch. We test all the products first hand which helps us decide what products to buy for the following year for our stores. The more we know about the products, the better we can help our customers.

rider26 - 02 August 2009 09:31 AM

The product launch is for Burton dealers around Australia. One or two buyers from each store is invited to the product launch. We test all the products first hand which helps us decide what products to buy for the following year for our stores. The more we know about the products, the better we can help our customers.

Sounds great and makes perfect sense, thanks.

rider26 - 02 August 2009 09:31 AM

That is how I got to attend one a few years back.
I was working with a shop and kind of advertising for them on the mountain that I worked at. Just doing all I could to get customers in the door for them (or a bus load, of course). This went on for about 3 yrs, and one of those years it worked that I could attend the event, and ‘Let him know what to buy for next season”. I was super stoked to be a part of that. It will be a time I’ll always remember, really.

The product launch was awesome, I will update this thread tomorrow. Burton has requested I don’t post photos of the products on here just yet, but they will be posted soon.