The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Rocker VS Camber

ATM I use a camberboard (Burton X8 2008). Just wondering what rocker has to offer (skate bananan). Is it actaully better. Powder is a no-brainer for a rocker board but asides from that

Powder is a no brainer on either board.

we can’t say if its “better” for you because it comes down to personal preference.

drjcv is right, we can’t say it’s better. It’s best to look at the advantages and disadvantages you will get by using reverse camber.

Pros:

Easy/fast turning. Reverse camber boards initiate the turn a lot quicker than a camber board.

Pressability. Much easier to distribute pressure to the nose and tail of the board. Pressing and buttering becomes much easier.

Float in powder. You already know this.

Cons:

The board loses it’s snap/rebound/pop. Less ollie power due to loss of snap. It won’t rebound/pop as much out of turns (so wouldn’t be my choice of board for carving/freeriding etc…).

In my opinion reverse camber boards have advantages for freestyle (especially jibbing and flatground tricks), and also powder riding.