The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Boardworld Skatepark Spot Checks - sneak peek

Just an sneak peek of what we’ve been up to…

And I thought you were snowboarding.

When editing: Try cutting during the most active moments - it helps hold a scene together.
Like when writing a page of text, if you let the shot end it’s like putting a stop mark or comma and breaks the flow of a sentence, by cutting before a shot ends it continues it’s flow and rhythm.
Use a complete shot or transition to begin a new scene (Capital letter, fullstop), use a long or artistic shot to begin and end a ‘paragraph’, use text to mark a new chapter.

eg:
-different rider = a new chapter.
-different trick or feature = new paragraph or sentence.
-“artistic” shots = gramatical marks as do shots that have a definite end or start.

Transitions are often a get out of gaol (jail) card, and can tie shots together (comma) or end a sentence/paragraph/chapter eg long fade or effect.

Slowmotion = exclamation mark!!! over do it and it can look like bad grammer!
.......... !!!!!......................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! or cheap.

I hope that all makes some sense.

Good job. You didn’t over do anything badly except maybe it’s length.

It took some time to load for me, even on 480p.

Hey, thanks spaz. I have saved that small parcel of wisdom for future reference.

Thanks for sharing.

Jez, I’ll watch the vid next month when we get more download shut eye

spaz - 30 January 2011 08:51 PM

.......... !!!!!......................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! or cheap.

Very interesting comments Spaz.

Mizu, what’s your take on the above?? wink

Btw, I like it Jeremy! It’s good how he introduces where the park is and the different features.

Dan83 - 30 January 2011 11:53 PM
spaz - 30 January 2011 08:51 PM

Very interesting comments Spaz.

Mizu, what’s your take on the above?? wink

Umm, yeah. I tried not to bring Mizu into it!!!!!!!!!  shut eye

I think anything that involves SUPER slow mo and Mizu is GOLD GOLD GOLD for Australia

Hey spaz, that was actually shot early last year. I didn’t do any of the editing myself. Although we were trying to break it down feature by feature, rather than skater by skater.

With the speed of your wit Mizu slowmo effects are necessary.