The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Feedback times

Hey guys,

Have managed to have a quick look over the forums a couple of quick points.

When reading threads it’s rather hard to see who’s posted, I’m not sure if it’s the colour scheme or what.
Can we get a ‘view new posts’ button, saves having to go into each forum.
Can we also get a ‘delete all new posts’ button.

Keep in mind it’s late and I’m tired.

Hey Tobi, thanks for the feedback. I will look into the new posts feature. Do you mean it’s hard to read who the author is when scrolling the threads in a section? At the moment the main focus is getting all out content into the website, there is still a lot to come… but I will look into all the forum suggestions asap. Welcome to Boardworld cool smile

Yeah.

I don’t know if it’s cause I tend to skim read or something else, it doesn’t seem to ‘jump out’ though.

Tobi - 01 July 2009 01:23 PM

Can we also get a ‘delete all new posts’ button.

??...then there would be nothing to read..

Nah, so when you’ve read what you wanted to read you then ‘delete new posts’ so that the ones you didn’t want to read don’t still come up as new posts.

Do I make sense? Nah, didn’t think so.

I knid of know what you mean with having a “view new posts” button.
I’ve found that the BOLD print works good for me so I can see what I havent read yet.

But a way to just get a list of them all might be nice.
I’m sure many of you have seen this on other message boards before.

As for the ‘delete new posts’ feature, I’ve not seen that. Of course I’d not want to delete them from my view because At times I go back and look at them again, of to laugh at Dave’s comment just once more time, or to re-read someone’s long in depth post about something to try and get more out of it.
I suppose the “delete” function really doesnt delete them, but just in that mode or that view?
I’ve not seen it, so I’m guessing here.

Ok so what you have is two bottons at the top of the screen one says ‘view new posts’ the other ‘delete new posts’
You click on ‘view new posts’ and it brings up everything that at the moment would have a little blue folder in one page so you don’t have to go into each forum to see what’s new, it’s all just on the one page. It saves having to go in and out of each forum.
The ‘delete new posts’ (ok really maybe I’ve use the wrong name here) marks all those little blue folders as ‘read’ so it appears that you’ve read them all so next time you come to the forum old threads you never don’t still come up as ‘new’ posts.

E.g. I’ve been here once this morning, read what I wanted to and now I’m back but posts from 8 hours ago that I didn’t read are still coming up as new posts. If we had a ‘delete new posts’ or ‘mark forums as read’ button then this wouldn’t happen.

Now I understand.
I think it could be a good idea but of course, I have no vote it’s really up to Jeremy and his team.

“mark new posts as ‘read’ ” Would be my suggestion for such a thing.
I dont think things like this are easy when it comes to programming.
But if it is simply a feature that needs to be added, as part of the forum’s programming options, then cool.

These options come standard with phpBB forum layouts.

wink

Tobi - 03 July 2009 04:54 AM

These options come standard with phpBB forum layouts.

wink

I was thinking things like that may be.
I dont know much at all about how these are set up beyond that.

Just to update… we are currently working on the member list issue, better notification on private messages, and looking at ‘view new posts’. The devs are pretty busy this week but it’s on the list of things to do.