The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

The Fourth Phase

I’ve finally seen it.  I thought it was pretty solid.  The riding was top-notch and the scenery spectacular.  The soundtrack was pretty terrible.  re: whining, I didn’t think T.Rice was whining but there was the usual degree of surf-movie style psychobabble going on.  Landvik clearly did not have his head and heart in the right place for an adventure like that.

I think they need to maybe take a different approach in future as it felt a bit to much like Art of Flight to me, just with worse music.

watch the “inside the Fourth Phase” on RBTV, i.e. the making of. Haven’t watched the movie, but the insights are really good. explanatory, interesting, and you kind of just get where the whole thing comes from. Good.

Mudhoney - 19 October 2016 02:44 PM

I’ve finally seen it.  I thought it was pretty solid.  The riding was top-notch and the scenery spectacular.  The soundtrack was pretty terrible.  re: whining, I didn’t think T.Rice was whining but there was the usual degree of surf-movie style psychobabble going on.  Landvik clearly did not have his head and heart in the right place for an adventure like that.

I think they need to maybe take a different approach in future as it felt a bit to much like Art of Flight to me, just with worse music.

i just watched this on the return flight from Japan, and I’m gonna agree with ya @Mudhoney!!!!!

Although, I didn’t even mind the soundtrack!!!!!

And well, the Japan bit was, well, Japan!!!!! #subarashi

I even admire Lando for havin the balls to call it quits in front of a camera!!!!! Nothin cowardice about knowin ya own limits, and if you’re not feein the vibe!!!!! After what happened to TR, I reckon he made a good call!!!!! Ice Mountains, and Avvy’s aren’t my idea of fun either!!!!!

Yeah, it was Art of Flightish, and Travis’ waffle on moments are pretty much typical of most high profile big budget sports movies, I still found it easy to watch!!!!! And if it’s easy to watch, then I reckon it ain’t bad!!!!!

Or maybe it was the cans of Yebisu????? ?