The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Whistler Blackcomb - 2016/2017

WHISTLER BLACKCOMB - 2016/2017

Hey guys,

I know we have another Whistler thread running. Please use the linked thread for Whistler housing, employment, visas, and general travel questions.

This thread is for all things Whistler Blackcomb. Post your photos and videos. We will post updates, events, meet-ups, and shred days etc. Post any questions about the village, the mountain, or riding questions

Let’s start with a roll call. Who’s here now? Who went up on opening day? Post some photos!

Here are a few photos I’ve taken since snow hit the valley yesterday. I can’t believe the timing with the low temps and storm snow for opening day, haha. Thank you, Ullr.

How have the first few days been? How’s coverage?
I’m guessing still a few creeks uncovered and the odd stump getting tagged.
I’ve been watching the cams and the totals pile up from my desk in the city wishing I’d booked a few days off, what a storm cycle!

Pretty epic day out there! 107cm in 48 hours will do it. ? ?

Who’s been riding? Have fun out there!

A few snaps from today…

Backdoor - 26 November 2016 04:09 AM

How have the first few days been? How’s coverage?

About as good as it gets for the first 3 days of the season. We received a tonne of snow down to the valley the past few days. It’s finally stopped snowing haha.

Another 22cm overnight. Had to dig the car out this morning and barely made it back up the hill (it sure did feel like more than 22cm haha).

Hey guys, finney here in whistler for the season and the foreseeable future. Can say it’s been the best start to a season I’ve seen here. First 3 days of riding were all 20+cm powder days which is just brilliant. It really feels like it’s the middle of winter with the amount of snow up there.

I told myself I’d take it easy coming back off an injury last season but with conditions this good it wasn’t going to happen haha Been riding with Dan and Lu a bunch and Dan has been grabbing a bunch of shots/footage. Dan grabbed this shot on opening day in Ratfink on Whistler, thanks Dan shaka

I love that shot, @finney! ?

Wow. Totally envious as i’m currently on the east coast of Canada, and no snow.

Yeah hey guys! Whis has been off its tits with pow pow pow.

Finney, Dan and the crew and I have been enjoying whats been by far the best start to a season I’ve had. So deep So fluffy. just unreal!

more pictures - less words

shaka

Man how goood was opening weekend.
SOOOOOOO GUD.

Got the GoPro out with a selfie stick the first 4 days:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BNTUsU0BJOf/?taken-by=grungypoo

GIGGIDY

P.S. I’m back y’all. =P

I’m heading there on Monday and this is next week’s forecast….let’s hope it sticks!!

Great day with @rider26  and @finney.

Sorted out my lazy skater foot and tuned up my toe turns.

Thanks dudes!!!

Hughman666 - 17 January 2017 03:18 PM

Great day with @rider26  and @finney.

Sorted out my lazy skater foot and tuned up my toe turns.

Thanks dudes!!!

It was awesome catching up with you, @Hughman666! Such a fun day!

Stoked to see you shredding the Optimistic. Enjoy the rest of your time in Whistler. shaka

Unfortunately was hoping for a decent dump this week but the freezing levels weren’t kind to us disappointed

Haven’t introduced myself here yet, Im Bryn. 27 years old originally from Melbourne, moved here in November 2015 and hoping to stay for at least a few more years.

Also wanted to throw out that I run a business here, Whistler GoPro Rental.
A lot of people here already have GoPro’s but if anyones in need of certain mounts/accessories or any tips, please don’t hesitate to ask.

I have just recently added a Feiyu Tech G5 Gimbal to the inventory. Its splash proof so perfect for the snow. Works well bombing groomers and is a god send for smooth park footage.

Keen to get to know a few of you dudes, always nice to have riding buddies!

http://www.facebook.com/whistlergoprorental

Welcome to Boardworld, Bryn. shaka

For the rest of you guys, I’m going to be using one of the Feiyu Tech G5 gimbals from @Whistler GoPro Rental for SIA over the next couple of weeks. I’ll let you know how it goes! Thanks for all your help, Bryn!