The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Perisher ‘16

Condiotns are looking good for next weekend! Lets hope it holds! Who’s gonna be in town?! Can’t wait to get there!

Every weekend mate without fail!

Sick @NBG we’ll have to link up for a slide and a beer!

How did your season end up?  I got 40 days on snow, weirdly my last day 2nd October was my biggest day just shy of 6km vert.  Ended with 86km of vert for the season and 600+ lift rides.  Try as I might I missed out toppling Piper Tbar as my most popular ride at `107, Leichardt was next with 95.

NBG - 04 October 2016 10:26 AM

How did your season end up?  I got 40 days on snow, weirdly my last day 2nd October was my biggest day just shy of 6km vert.  Ended with 86km of vert for the season and 600+ lift rides.  Try as I might I missed out toppling Piper Tbar as my most popular ride at `107, Leichardt was next with 95.

-
—-

I was down on weekend as well ngb, cracker day sunday, just abit slow after lunch.
I did 14 days for 40km vert. 4 of those days were half days, another we did quite a few laps of some slackcountry as well.  blew back out late aug at Olympic and couldn’t walk for a
week, so sept was out for me.my witch doctor osteo got me healed pretty fast. 247 rides, biggest day just over 5k. ride mostly with my 9yr old daughter, she did 12 days(3 half days) for 31.5 km biggest 4.2k.
do any of you guys see that normo guy around? he does 15k a day every day of the season. I just cant see how a guy that’s not real fit looking and in his 60s can do that! that’s foot to the floor non stop for 8hrs. a mate reckons he stands at the bottom of ayre swipes pass waits till resets swipes again lol and he only rides ayre, all day everyday. how boooooring. his million metres a yr equates roughly to 4000km of skiing over 3 months. I smell bullshit lol
spoke to a couple of guys on a chair one day they were saying they could only do about 7-8
k a day and were stuffed. I reckon that be my limit as well.

Pretty sure I have seen Normo, at least I think it was him.  I heard other rumours about some of the other top vert guys riding tbars halfway and then ditching and going down again just to get their metres up.  I can think of nothing more boring than riding purely for vert metres, just an absolute waste of time and effort, I fail to see enjoyment in doing that.  Kinda like cutting off your nose to spite your face.

I quite like checking out how my day went in terms of metres and it’s nice to know how many days you actually did but other than that I don’t get caught up in going for leaderboard stats.

I agree with you on that ngb, imagine riding ayre all day as fast as you can? snoooooze…...
I never even looked at the leaderboard this year till a couple of old blokes were blowing up about normo. they are convinced he is either fake or perisher give him a green light to use -ski school line as his vert metres are still massive on weekends peak season despite crowds.
if its fair dinkum that guy must be incredibly fit to go full bore all day every day for 3 months…..
anyway, id rather ride around, mix up the runs and terrain, hike for untraked etc. way more fun!