The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Season passes

Poll: Which resort
Total Votes: 20
Perisher
Thredbo
Hotham
Buller
Falls Creek
Elsewhere in Oz
New Zealand
Jake - 28 April 2016 04:28 AM

Perisher again this year. I really enjoy Perisher, it has so much terrain available and after riding it a lot the last few seasons we have found some pretty epic secret spots. The other thing i really like it using the tube, on those fresh snow days it just so easy to park and hop on a train.

The only thing i am concerned about for this season is the crowds. They have really been pushing this Epic pass and im wondering how much that will effect the lift lines. I’ve always found it pretty easy to escape the lift lines though.

they push the pass hard, but I think you get a lot of people buying them but not really getting that much value from them. I know one guy who bought one the last 3 yrs did no more than 3 days each yr cause of work commitments. few others around the 8-10 days which is only just worth it. weekends are hectic peak season no matter what, but the last couple yrs mid week is pretty quiet outside of school hols. signs of a weak economy. ive been hearing that bookings are real slow for this yr in jindy. warm weather still, and a looming election, id say people will be sitting tight on what cash they have.
although going by the crush at aldi snow sale yesterday looks like theres lots of families with snow on the mind!

I only went once to the snow on a weekend last season haha, and that was a Saturday at Perisher haha. Mid week is so good, especially when leaving on a Friday when everyone is going the opposite direction.