The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Bye for now…. 

Hey Guys,

Just thought id give a quick heads up, incase you don’t have me on Facebook and haven’t seen any of my posts, I’m going to be leaving BW!!! Fear not this is only temporary as I’m off to live out a dream i’ve been chasing. Im heading off to Antartica with my new job!! Stoked! I’ve been chasing a commercial offshore shipping job here at home for the last 2 and a bit years and as of a few weeks ago I’ve been blessed with a chance to prove myself and finally finish the 2nd part of my qualification and i couldn’t be more happy about it!

Ill be down in the cold depths of the south for 4 weeks. It’ll be onboard the Aurora Australis as deck crew helping navigate the ship, and learn about deck and engineering operations. This is once in a life time opportunity, however i can’t take my snowboard (or surfboard for that matter) haha, but ill have a camera in hand and ill be sure to come back with hundreds of photos.

When i come back ill be back for about 3 weeks, before taking off again on a different ship for 10 weeks. This routine will be on going till about Sept/Oct next year. It’s a long road ahead but great reward at the end!

Ill still be posting wicked good surf content on my down time when i get the chance and helping out Jeremy when and where i can.

Keep shredding guys and ill see y’all soon!! xx

So awesome, Aaron. Can’t wait to hear about it when you’re back. Safe travels and enjoy the adventure. shaka

That’s brilliant !

Enjoy the journey and make sure you soak it all up. Pity about the boards though wink Say hello to the penguins for us.

Awesome, SG!!!!!

Get those happy feet on!!!!! shaka

shaka  So RAD!!!!

Thanks dudes.. It’ll be an epic trip for sure!!