The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

New Zealand Trip report 2015

Mudhoney - 09 August 2015 12:52 PM
Hughman666 - 09 August 2015 10:15 AM

Indeed it is! I’m working over at Weta next week which will feed into Beervana in Wellington and another trip to Wanaka. Can’t wait!

Very cool!  Are you a techo or creative type?

I’m a techo, unfortunately I never cracked it with my creative side to pay the bills!  Have to say though, it’s an awesome environment at Weta - very laid-back, no egos and if you’re into any of the Tolkein stuff it’s a playground - models everywhere.  And a german shepherd that seems to just wander around the offices.  This is one of the front yards:

The best thing though has to be the ability to jump on a plane at the end of each workshop and bomb it to Queenstown for the weekend!

Hughman666 - 09 August 2015 01:48 PM
Mudhoney - 09 August 2015 12:52 PM
Hughman666 - 09 August 2015 10:15 AM

Indeed it is! I’m working over at Weta next week which will feed into Beervana in Wellington and another trip to Wanaka. Can’t wait!

Very cool!  Are you a techo or creative type?

I’m a techo, unfortunately I never cracked it with my creative side to pay the bills!  Have to say though, it’s an awesome environment at Weta - very laid-back, no egos and if you’re into any of the Tolkein stuff it’s a playground - models everywhere.  And a german shepherd that seems to just wander around the offices.  This is one of the front yards:

The best thing though has to be the ability to jump on a plane at the end of each workshop and bomb it to Queenstown for the weekend!

Ok you can stop now; making me jealous.  smile

I saw a few WETA caps around, and the wearers were obviously part of that industry. Sounds like a great job.

Azz for Azz jumping off things… I might be forced to put his bit in…. wink

Looking forward to having a read/drool through this, thanks for writing it up Kym shaka

Just remembered you guys also had a Tasmania TR so about to hunt that one down as well I’ll chalk it up as “research” smile

Tambo - 05 August 2015 03:10 PM

now Azz has to add his bit. Go Azz!

Come on Azz!