The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

If you could ride 1 area in WhistlerBlackcomb where would you ride?

Poll: what area/chair
Total Votes: 15
Emerald
Red
Peak
Harmony
Symphony
Garbanzo
7th Heaven
Crystal
Glacier Express
Jersey Cream
Solar Coaster

^ Before you make a decision, go to Crystal trees or burnt trees @ the crystal area. =)

Make sure you go with a friend.

As if Solar Coaster isn’t winning? It’s definitely the best part of Whistler raspberry

^ It’s the best place to bomb runs and play “dodg’em.” =)

rider26 - 22 January 2015 06:11 PM

Peak. No contest for me.

But I’m interested and open to anyone trying to prove me otherwise (must be done by showing me the goods on a powder day). wink

PEAK undoubtedly!

Gives access to any of the best pow runs. And even if you only do it once. It is usually enough cos it was so good and you finish off at dustys. Ive done days where all we needed was one good pow run and it took us 1.5hrs of exploring our way from top to bottom.

VD, Christmas, Goats gully, Million Dollar Ridge, Khybers, McConkeys, Love Canal, plus all the awesome on piste runs off peaks bowls.

Definitely on Dual Mountain.

nutjob

C"MOOOOONNN SOLAR ! hahahahha

Solar coaster for daaaaayyyyyyzzzzzzz

Solar is tied with Peakkkk!!!! :D

Only just saw this one (lots of good stuff on these forums BTW). First trip WB was Jan this year.  Symphony, particularly Jeff’s with the trees was good fun on the 1 day when the snow was deep.  That was a cool day and yep we hung out there pretty much the whole day.  Have to agree with the 7th call though - that was awesome.  We also had a day where there were freshies along Big Red and we just lapped that section for hours - so much terrain just in that one area.  The final day we were there it bucketed down, was reasonably deep and we did Rendezvous down to the village - that’s one thing with WB, there is so much vert (not as much as Rev, though close) that even on a powder day you can go from deep to ice to deep to rain - and then its time for the village and BEER!

isnt the real question is Whistler or Blackcomb?

I used to be a blackcomb guy but I think after this season I like Whistler more.