The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Japan 2014/15

Poll: You goin?????
Total Votes: 36
Count me in!!!!!
Nah, I’m over the place!!!!!
I’d love to but I’ve already sold one kidney!!!!!
I’m goin elsewhere!!!!!

This one is for Kutchan (at the bottom), and is the forecast area for the Niseko area!!!!! http://www.jma.go.jp/en/jikei/306.html

Weather is the main thing so I’ll bookmark that site.

There used to be a quicksilver snow app a few years ago that had weather trail maps for most of the major resorts. I seem to recall using it in hakuba, but that was ages ago and I don’t see it around anymore. Paper will have to do!! smile

Yep, the three hour forecast thing is awesome, and very accurate too!!!!!

There’s an Oakley APP that I use, but it’s not as good as the one I linked!!!!!

Ohhh, and the Snow Forecast APP too!!!!!

trentradpants - 08 December 2014 08:08 PM

So yeah, hit me up with any narita - haneda transfer advice you have

What about using the amazing train network? Off the top of my head I’d imagine you could easily catch the NEX to either Tokyo/Shinjuku/Shinagawa and transfer to another train to Haneda.

You’ll be happy to know you could get a few drinks and Japanese snacks in comfort on the NEX.

I’ll see if I can confirm this would work.

Edit: Looks like you have a few options http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2027.html (drop the box down to to/from Haneda)

The NEX method I mentioned looks possible (95mins) but there’s also a direct Keisei/Keikyu train for 1790y that I didn’t know about which takes (105mins) The bus Mizu mentioned is also a good option.

We’ve always done the limosine bus transfer when just transferring, but when killing bulk hours or staying over night…the train.  The train is great!  But if you are looking for door to door hassle free - bus it is.

Japanese Trains are bloody unreal!!!!!

I love how the Conductors and Waitresses turn and bow whenever they’re leavin each carriage!!!!! And that ya can drink on them!!!!! I love that!!!!!

But yeah, I reckon navigatin to a train then back off again, with all ya gear in a short window, would suck!!!!!

The Limo Bus is literally next to the carousels!!!!!

If I had 3+ Hours though….. I’d go the train!!!!! LOL (maybe it was Dave’s pic and the fact that I haven’t eaten yet, and have to go to work?????)

Mizu Kuma - 09 December 2014 12:06 PM

Japanese Trains are bloody unreal!!!!!

I love how the Conductors and Waitresses turn and bow whenever they’re leavin each carriage!!!!! And that ya can drink on them!!!!! I love that!!!!!

But yeah, I reckon navigatin to a train then back off again, with all ya gear in a short window, would suck!!!!!

The Limo Bus is literally next to the carousels!!!!!

If I had 3+ Hours though….. I’d go the train!!!!! LOL (maybe it was Dave’s pic and the fact that I haven’t eaten yet, and have to go to work?????)

Yeah ive caught the train into tokyo before and it was awesome. Ive got just over 3.5 hours between flights so i think ill just go the bus route for this journey. On the way back i have about 8 hours between flights so i might look at the train that time for shits n giggles.

Sounds like a Win/Win situation to me!!!!!

Wont need the bus from next year!

Confirmed Qantas will shift SYD flight to Haneda!

http://www.smh.com.au/business/qantas-launches-new-direct-flights-to-japan-20141209-12345d.html?avad=52403_c79569fd

Trent’s from Melbs though!!!!!

Is it only SYD so far?????

Suspect he is flying via SYD?

you suspected correctly

Hello, after returning from my second consecutive trip to Hakuba, 2 friends and myself have decided to spend around 2 months there next season. I’ve been following these threads for a couple years now, and i’m sure there would be information on what I’m about to ask, however I’m short on time as I am in yr. 12, so any help would be greatly appreciated, especially since its so early to talk about season 2015/16 during such a cracking season! We are not planning on working, just relying on built up funds, so low budget is the key. From what I’ve seen Penke Panke seems like the place to stay, thoughts? (I know some of you own places) My main question is what to do with the lift passes? as there is no season Hakuba valley pass (which I have always used the 4 day ones). Would something like buying a Happo One weekday season pass, and using coupons for other resorts be the best option, however we plan on spending time at Iwatake, Cortina and Norikura. Also looking to do an avy course. Any advice would be great, I know I’ve given scarce details.

Japan: Love the place.
Just back from my third trip and will be going back.
Had a five week stint and could easily do more, the place is amazing.
Just a few photos, but no action shots - Enjoy